Epitec - Very satisfied new contractor | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Epitec

"Very satisfied new contractor"

Current Contractor - Senior Technical Solutions Architect in Dearborn, MI
Current Contractor - Senior Technical Solutions Architect in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Epitec as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They seem genuinely concerned about my well being. Good about communicating information helpful to me when I need it. Information I need is readily available. They did an excellent job preparing me for my interview and even went out of their way to get me some additional relocation help.

Cons

I have not had anything to complain about in my short tenure.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Other Employee Reviews for Epitec

"Don't Get Voted Off This Elitist Discriminatory Island""

Former Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Initial training is stringent but hopeful. Epitec managers want you to be excited for new opportunity.
    They offer a decent benefits menu and commission on top of salary. Incentives and free food abound....yay....
    The money is decent, but ALWAYS have a backup plan for your undoubtedly short stint.

Cons

Terminations happens abruptly and frequently. There was no plan of improvement- no warning. Job security with Epitec DOES NOT EXIST.
    Termination happens in training. Be prepared.
    They fire people ALL THE TIME.
    They are almost no recruiters over the age of 30. Most are under 25. I inquired about this in training and an HR rep quickly reprimanded me; it is not a subject they are open about. Mostly it's because they get entry level college grads and cut them loose the second ANYONE in mgt. has a problem with them.
    It's not easy work and they certainly don't stand behind their training methods or any one employee. The Manager who hired ME was Fired Before I even Started.
    You are constantly in fear of losing your job . It is like being on a bad reality game show.

Advice to Management

Wasting money training people and then cutting them loose for petty reasons is no way to run a business. Stop firing employees because of the catty, elitist atmosphere. I found it extremely ironic that there are diversity awards strewn about the office but the entire staff consists of the same 20-something with no real life experience. 1 in 4 gets the boot? Maybe it's time to prioritize.The company could be so much greater- you could achieve that growth you're always spewing out about. You all should be ashamed.

"Really placing people First from Sr. Consulting Techical Solutions Architect"

Current Contractor - Senior Consulting Technical Solutions Architect in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Epitec as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Epitec Inc. has been an outstanding company to work for because they check on the people who are working out in the field on a quarterly basis if not more often. They have great benefits, equal to any of the big IT Companies. The executive management has been very personable, and has kept any agreements made with me to the letter. Epitec help me get out of a bad situation with a large IT company that would NOT let me work the contract that they had with a Telecom Giant unless I agreed to take a 30% cut in pay. I quote “They (Telecom Giant) will never know how good you are unless you agree to the lower pay rate”. I came in through the Large IT company, as an Epitec Employee, giving the Telcom Giant some exposure to the type of people Epitec recruits and retains in their employment.
    Then after a year or so and it working so well Epitec was able to deal directly with the Telecom Giant and help them get the required type of personnel needed to get the complex projects done. When it became possible I left the contract with the Large IT Company and went straight through Epitec to the Telecom Giant as an Epitec employee. This is where Epitec was exceptional was able to get me back up to my previous pay rate, and then some, which made my life much easier. After all when you have worked for years to gain the expertise, you don’t lose it when the economy is in a recession. I enjoy working for Epitec, the pay is right and the people support you like a small family.

Cons

None that I know of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work please.