Epitec - Great Growing Company for Hard Working Individuals, Great Opportunity for Growth!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Epitec

"Great Growing Company for Hard Working Individuals, Great Opportunity for Growth!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Epitec is a hot, growing company with a lot to offer. The hard working recruiters will find themselves advancing into other roles that fit them. Epitec offers great incentives, team building activities, clear cut goals and a management team with a strong open door policy. Hard work definitely pays off at Epitec in the form of commission, incentives and advancement. Work stations are the best in class, I have not seen other recruiting firms with such a great office space.

Cons

Several reviews note that the turnover is high. The truth of the matter is that Epitec is looking for the best of the best, the hard workers with strong drive to do well, and the employees that are motivated by success and compensation. If you are willing to come in with a positive attitude and strong desire to do well, you will do great at Epitec.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the recruiters that are here for the right reasons! And continue to provide a GREAT training program for the recruiting team.

Other Employee Reviews for Epitec

"Good comfortable place to work if you are "self reliant" and don't expect too much from the Corporate Staff."

Current Employee - I T Specialist in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - I T Specialist in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent compensation and benefits. I have worked for Epitec for almost 20 years and have watched it grow from a mediocre firm to a first-rate operation (as far as contract firms go). While I can't speak for the Corporate "culture" in the office, I can say that whenever I have needed someone to handle a concern, or a problem, they have always been there to resolve it on a timely basis. This scores big points for those of us working out in the field.

All Pros and Cons considered, Epitec is a decent employer to work for. They pay you decently, they pay you ON TIME, and they leave you alone. This is a good company for those who do not require alot of "attention" and "mother henning" out in the field. If you need this, you may want to read the "cons" and "Advice to Management".

Cons

Lack of effort by the Corporate Staff to conduct regular reviews and make attempts to secure their field employees billing rate increases. Epitec has a tendency to treat employees that don't "kick up" as gimmees; ones that don't need paying attention to. When you do inquire about the possibility of an increase, you get the old standard contractor line: "We can't give you a raise unless we get a Billing Rate increase". True, but it is up to Epitec to approach the client for this ... not the other way around. They seem to have a hard time with that concept.

My advice here: be persistent! I haven't had an increase since 2009 (which was rescinded three months later due to a client policy) and this was initiated by the client. When you have been with the same client as long as I have, they will do these things for you, but it is really Epitec's place to do so.

Advice to Management

Pay a little more attention to your older, long time employees out in the field. From what I can tell, you have a goodly number of us, unusual for such a transient field as contracting, and that should say something to you. Your offsite contractors are the ones that bring in the money for the company and I would think you would want to make sure that we are satisfied with our positions. I have been with the same client for over 15 years and cannot say that I have ever come in contact with someone referred to here as an "Account Rep". Also, conduct regular reviews and attempt to get salary increases for us. You may be able to "wow' younger employees with I-pods and electronic gadgetry, but there are those of us that would like to see more "substantial" things. Regular reviews would necessitate regular visits from the Corporate office and that would be a BIG help.

2. "Epitec has been an excellent company for me"

Current Contractor - Specialty Dev Senior in Dearborn, MI
    Current Contractor - Specialty Dev Senior in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Epitec as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been able to work with the Epitec staff to have the benefits that best fit my family’s needs. I am a contract employee and all my interactions with the staff have been very positive, the HR team has been extremely helpful and the recruiters are awesome. We have a few team building events throughout the year, which is just the right balance and allows me to have some exposure to the staff and to meet new people.

Cons

I do not have any complaints with the Epitec staff.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.