Epsilon - Why bother going to the office? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Epsilon

"Why bother going to the office?"

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Wakefield, MA
Former Employee - Senior Developer in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will certainly be exposed to a lot of Oracle and unix script development. Good place to brush up on your skill set.

Cons

So called teams are just people supporting the same customer but doing very different things. No sharing of knowledge between developers on different teams. I felt like I was on my own most of time. Most contacts were "working from home". Whole days were spent without actually talking to a co-worker face to face. Health insurance is expensive and not very good.

Advice to Management

Create knowledge sharing teams, especially among IT staff. There must be a lot of re-inventing of the wheel. Very inefficient. A lot of wasted effort right now.

Other Employee Reviews for Epsilon

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Lead Interactive Developer in Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Lead Interactive Developer in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It all depends who is your direct manager. In my case I do have an amazing manager. So 1- great work life balance 2- Flexible work hours, this goes both ways. i.e. sometimes you have to work extra hours and the weekends but that is only few times a year, any other time you would get to set your own hours as long as you deliver the results 3- The management tries hard to be transparent and include you in company growth. you would get one or two discretionary bonuses a year if company is profitable. 4- The starting salaries are OK and for some satisfactory 5- Depending which team you are at you will either be working with bleeding edge technologies or the super old technologies 6-For some you can get promotions very fast, but some get stuck and cant get higher 7- The good thing is if you dont like your team (or your manager) you can switch them in a few months, so eventually you can find your match

Cons

As I said it all can depend on your direct manager. Some of the negative points: 1- The raise rate is low 2- Some times you have to work extra hours and over the weekend. 3- Sometimes it can be difficult to get a promotion. HR is a mess and even if your manager is willing to promote you HR will take its time for ever 4- Sometimes you might feel you are stuck in a place lower than what you deserve. But I assume these are all common in many of the companies so I dont think they are really Epsilon's Cons; but you just need to be aware they also exist in here too.

Advice to Management

1- Please make sure people whom are hard working and talented are being used in a better roles 2- Epsilon thinks its an advertising company while in reality it is a software company. Value your employees especially your developers. We developers always feel we are way undervalued in Epsilon 3- Give more attention to locations other than headquarters. You have many locations but most of the communications media that you publish is focused on the Dallas.

2. "Epsilon is a marketing company"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool Office culture. Can find the work life balance here. Nice benefits

Cons

The compensation can be more