Epsilon - Good Company, but declining as an employer | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Epsilon

"Good Company, but declining as an employer"

Current Employee - Senior Accounts Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Senior Accounts Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Industry leader, cutting edge products and services make it a great place to learn. Rapidly expanding with the marketplace today.

Cons

Pay is mediocre, at least in Canada. They're too busy trying to become a "single source solution" that they're forgetting to become experts in anything.

Advice to Management

Slow down and give your employees time to digest the changes and growth before you move on to the next acquisition.

Other Employee Reviews for Epsilon

"Common Sense, "thinking outside the box" heck ...thinking at all is not encouraged."

Current Employee - BSA
    Current Employee - BSA

Pros

People are very, very nice. There is some opportunity to learn. They are very flexible about working from home. The office is nice. They have free coffee and breakfast (nice breakfast not just bagels and cream cheese.) There is a meditation room, that nobody uses. Also- it looks real good on the resume. Head-hunters contact me all the time. 3 weeks vacation to start.

Cons

Someone else posted that this company is paper trail obsessed. I couldn't have said it better myself. I feel like I don't work. I just CYA. (Cover Your A**) All work is done offshore. I am starting to think this company only has people working in the states so they can say to the clients, "that the work is being done onshore". It isn't. Almost all of the work is done by resources in India. And they make a lot of mistakes. In the two years I have worked there they have dwindled their staff sending more and more tasks over-seas. As for the paper trail - if it it isn't in an email, it is not valid, and it never happened. I spend more time composing emails, and documenting than actually producing work. I feel like I have to dumb down to do the work and their procedures are so intricate it can take months to learn. None of their procedures make any sense.

People get fired a lot or laid off which is a little unsettling. The insurance benefits are very expensive and not very good.

The training is dismal. It is stacks and stacks of ancient and out-dated documentation that you are left on your own to decipher. You are basically left to wing it and often nobody will help you. However, if your lucky. You can learn a lot. But I must say that I feel my skills have gone stale. The work is so mind numbing.

Advice to Management

You are an agency, and an agency provides service. You cannot reduce your staff and offshore all your service and expect to be able to provide quality service to your clients.

"I was paid poorly, benefits and salary were cut across all employees, and opportunities for advancement were rare."

Current Employee - Associate Business Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Associate Business Systems Analyst

Pros

There is a great deal of job security. Epsilon's digital arm is filled with very bright and talented people. Epsilon has a good reputation in the Email/ IT industry as a market leader. There are many clients worldwide.

Cons

Epsilon is a company that suffers from poor leadership that trickles from the top down. Everyone is affected. Recent years have brought budget cuts despite high growth for the company. These budget cuts have resulted in pay cuts across the board. Even though it is a Marketing/IT company, the mood in Wakefield is very dull. On most floors of the building, there is dead silence. The job environment is tense and kind of awkward. There are very few company events/ gatherings, and people are relative strangers.

There is a re-org every 4-5 months. Even though most lower positions are secure, it is volatile at the top. There is very little explanation when members of senior management are terminated, which is very unsettling for employees.

Most people complain of lack of opportunity. There is absolutely no focus on career advancement - which makes people pretty miserable. Every few months, they talk about a career development program ... but in the few years that I've been there, there has been no instantiation of this. To sum this place up - think of the movie "Office Space."

Advice to Management

Stop being so stingy with your employees. You hire the best and the brightest people, but then slack off on training them and working to develop their talents. Be more forthcoming about re-orgs and major terminations. The background info, while unsettling, will at least give employees a better idea of whats going on around them. Pay people more... You may think the "Rewards" program will ease up on the increasing attrition - but people are not dumb - they know it's a weak effort to retain talent and it falls short of the true source of the attrition - compensation.