Equifax - Great Public Company, but Nothing Exciting | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Equifax

"Great Public Company, but Nothing Exciting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Equifax full-time

Pros

The environment is very professional. There are many bright people who work here. There has been a push to really create a meritocracy at the company so that exceptional work is rewarded.

Cons

While professional, the work environment can seem "stuffy". Management is hesitant to invest in needed technology to make work easier and more efficient. Some progress is being made there, but an information company should be more current.

Other Employee Reviews for Equifax

1. "Unemployment Insurance Consultant"

Former Employee - UIC in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - UIC in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Equifax full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice Benefits-but expensive, flexible hours, central location, most people are nice-but clickish.

Cons

Very low pay. Uneven work load, standards, attendance and policy enforcement. If you're a favorite, you get away with murder, if not, you're baggered. Most employee's are over worked while other employee's sit around watching the over worked. Supervisor's have a 'cover their butt' attitude, do not interact with the people they supervise. Most Supervisor's are over worked and have little time to guide and counsel.

Advice to Management

Audit your Supervisor's for even policy enforcement and work load. Try and recognize the employee's that are over worked and reward the efforts.

"Learned about credit. Not sure why I stayed as long as I did, but not a bad job overall"

Current Employee - Credit Industry Assistant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Credit Industry Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was pretty decent for the job, job was relatively easy, and metrics were not hard to meet as long as you are not lazy

Cons

LEAN = zero job security. If you believe in what you are doing, show some sack to the board. There are considerations that have a timeline beyond the end of the current quarter. This isn't the 80's, and you are not Jack Welch.

Advice to Management

I believe you will live to regret outsourcing consumer credit disputes central division if that is in fact what happened after the buyout. Non-native English speakers in different financial system = misunderstandings, badly-written consumer statements = lawsuits. Saw it myself on very (understandably) angry people's reports before my job was presumably shipped to Kolkata.