Equinox Fitness - Worst corporate experience ever | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Equinox Fitness

"Worst corporate experience ever"

I have been working at Equinox Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pros about Equinox is their clubs are gorgeous! However beware, as an employee there are so many restrictions that you can almost never use them unless you have a job where you can actually work out in the middle of the day. Since Equinox doesn't hire enough people per department this was practically an impossibility for me.

Cons

NO work life balance. You don't even get federal holidays off. The training and on-boarding experience is terrible. There was little to none in my department. Turnover is higher than I have ever seen at a corporate level and either Equinox is aware of the root of the problem and doesn't care or plans to continue the revolving door. I have never worked for a worse company. Unless you are desperate for a job my advice it to stay away.

Advice to Management

Care as much as the "employee experience" as you do your beloved member experience. Without your employees you can't effectively operate. Treat them better so they all don't leave.

Other Employee Reviews for Equinox Fitness

"Unless you are a big dawg they don't care about you"

Former Employee - Corporate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Corporate in New York, NY

I worked at Equinox Fitness full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free membership to their beautiful gyms; good and interesting people to work with; company is rapidly expanding so it could be exciting to work for a company growing as such.

Cons

In corporate it is low pay and ridiculously low increases year over year. You work very hard for minimal raises that don't even cover the cost of living increases - which are very high in New York. They don't appreciate anyone who isn't sitting in a Director's office or higher.

Advice to Management

Try to pretend you care about your employees a bit. Appreciate what they do instead of treating them like garbage.

"Bad to No Leadership starting at the C-Level down"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Equinox Fitness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have not found anything to like here - the Gym is nice but after a few months you will not have time to use it. Oh - the bathrooms are in the gym - thats not a Pro....

Cons

No Leadership Team. C Level is weak on leadership and this trickles down throughout the entire company making everyone suffer
    No Communications from management on upcoming projects/current project
    No Status Meetings
    No formal Process
    IT Department is a joke. - There is no leader. When you step up you get shot down.
    Extrememe workload with no help
    No Teamwork - just a bunch of individuals trying to get through the day
    Lunch was at my desk every day
    No friendly people
    No job career growth
    No encenives to work harder
    no bonus
    no salery increases
    no review process

Advice to Management

You keep saying you are an 800Mil company - act like one. You still run this as a mom and pop shop. Listen to your employees - turnover here is high (Why???) - See above