Equinox Fitness - General Manager | Glassdoor

"General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Equinox Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sexy, fun environment with a great clientele and a commitment to truly be the best in the business

Cons

Poor work life balance especially at the end of the month when many employees are required to work 3-4 12+hour days. Compensation isn't always in line with amount of work and effort provided by employees. Not bad, but maybe not always as good as it should be for hours worked.

Advice to Management

Need to continue to find a way to prevent turn over in employee base, specifically in personal training staff and sales team and in club personal. Corporate retention is much stronger. There's a reason for that.

Other Employee Reviews for Equinox Fitness

1. "Good job, perks good all around"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Equinox Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Membership, environment, fitness industry, work life balance

Cons

tough to make good money, very low base ($1k.month), work weekend, odd hours

Advice to Management

none

"Worst corporate experience ever"

I have been working at Equinox Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pros about Equinox is their clubs are gorgeous! However beware, as an employee there are so many restrictions that you can almost never use them unless you have a job where you can actually work out in the middle of the day. Since Equinox doesn't hire enough people per department this was practically an impossibility for me.

Cons

NO work life balance. You don't even get federal holidays off. The training and on-boarding experience is terrible. There was little to none in my department. Turnover is higher than I have ever seen at a corporate level and either Equinox is aware of the root of the problem and doesn't care or plans to continue the revolving door. I have never worked for a worse company. Unless you are desperate for a job my advice it to stay away.

Advice to Management

Care as much as the "employee experience" as you do your beloved member experience. Without your employees you can't effectively operate. Treat them better so they all don't leave.