Equita Final Expense Services - Professional People, but to make a living is not easy | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Equita Final Expense Services

"Professional People, but to make a living is not easy"

Pros

Great people, great support. Real chance to make it.

Cons

25% of the people can make a living. The vets can, the newbies have a very hard time.

Advice to Management

Offer different lead packages

Equita Final Expense Services Response

Jun 16, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate you taking time to review EFES and take all feedback seriously, which is why we now offer multiple lead packages designed to fit the needs of each... More

Other Employee Reviews for Equita Final Expense Services

"Great leads & training with Ben Boman"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Equita Final Expense Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lead flow is very consistent. I get my set amount of leads every single week on Saturday like clockwork. When I don't have to worry about leads all I have to do is focus on selling! & since all leads are exclusive & never resold I don't have to worry.

Training is top notch. No "rah rah" waste of time conference calls. With the "all boats float" mentality, all agents & managers share all their "secrets" on the calls, which helps more than you would think. Also, EFES has conferences all over the country (I think) every other month so new agents can get trained by top producers. We just had some heavy hitters from Texas ( 250k & 300k per year ) producers join Ben Boman's group in EFES. One of them even became a National Trainer. He flies out to new agents territories for a week & trains them in the field! Once I saw guys like that switch over & start helping I knew that this opportunity is the real deal. What EFES has to offer seriously sounds too good to be true but trust me when I say this IMO is starting to be a MAJOR player in final expense.

Cons

It seems like so many agencies are switching to EFES that it makes recruiting a little harder as we're not allowed to recruit from within. Since most of the top final expense producers are under the same umbrella as you, you have to focus on recruiting new agents.

Also, since EFES offers such a great opportunity, many agents I try to recruit think I'm lying because it sounds too good to be true!

Advice to Management

Please don't stop innovating. If you guys keep coming out with stuff that has never been done before like the agent recruiting leads, video training & test platform, & high comp..... I will never want to leave.

Equita Final Expense Services Response

Oct 19, 2017 – President

Thank you for the positive review and feedback! We are excited to have you as part of the EFES Family and hope you will continue to enjoy success with EFES for many years to come! We will continue to... More

"Very Profitable Company if You Are Already Trained and Like Door Knocking"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in South Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in South Florida, FL

I worked at Equita Final Expense Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Ability to set your own hours.

- Company training and conference calls were well done. A lot of attention was given to product knowledge.

- Carriers were good, offered competitive rates and was able to get anyone covered.

- Contract level was very competitive.

- Income potential is definitely there. I knew several people making 200k or more a year.

- Final Expense is a fast, simple transaction.

Cons

- If you're a new agent and not trained up, you may have a hard time. My manager was a top producer and had little time for one on one training. Group trainings are only once a month. My only option was to drive 4 hours to go with him into the field for a day. The one time I did this, he had bad luck and didn't even do a presentation that day, so it seemed like a lot of effort for little training.

- The company strongly discourages calling clients, and encourages door knocking. This amounts to a lot of time and gas money spent driving around.

- I found Final Expense to be a morbid work environment. Most of the leads were in very bad neighborhoods, meeting with elderly black women on social security.

- I did not like the way the leads were worded. It is a little misleading and makes it sound like the Final Expense offered is a government benefit to supplement social security. Many of the people I talked to thought it was free and were living on $800 a month. Something just seems slightly unethical about taking someone's money when they are on such a strict income. We were encouraged to set the withdrawal date on the same date their SSI went into their account so it would come out before they had a chance to remove all the cash.

- In my area (south Florida), I found it very difficult to break through on a limited budget. I bought older leads to keep cost down but they were 8 years old. Many of the seniors who I went to visit had either died or moved away.

Company culture was difficult to detect. I found it to be a bland atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Consider a more thorough training program for brand new agents.