Equity LifeStyle Properties - Micro managed communities | Glassdoor

"Micro managed communities"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Fort Myers, FL
Current Employee - Community Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Properties have wonderful value and benefits for residents

Cons

Upper management has no idea how degrading and intimidating the RM behaves. The RM actually degrades VP and Corporate to management team while boasting she is the only one in Corporate that knows how to do things. Very sad to see her boast on how she can fire you at any moment.

Advice to Management

Review privately with your onsite management team and allow concerns to be voiced without retaliation. If not the RM will continue to assist you in losing valuable managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties

"Very dissapointed one of the worst jobs I have ever had!!!"

Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Davison, MI
    Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Davison, MI

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

starting pay is ok until you find out how much they expect from you!

Cons

No raise in a year and a half. Management takes credit for subordinates ideas. No advancement opportunity. Maintenance is treated poorly and like we are of little to no value. Maintenance is overworked with no acknowledgement of hard work. absolutely no perks or moral boosting activities. Thos company only cares about one thing, the bottom line. prospective employees beware!!! This is not a good company to work for!!!

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about filling your wallets so much and send a little something down to the little guys which are the ones actually doing ALL the work and keeping your half a billion dollar a year company running! we are tired of being treated like crap and I will be sharing this and a few other review sites with my fellow employees!

2. "Seasonal work with good management"

Current Employee - Ranger in Saulsbury, TN
    Current Employee - Ranger in Saulsbury, TN

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good People and atmosphere. Hard work but its not overwhelming. It gets hot but the demands aren't unreasonable.

Cons

Definitely only a seasonal job for most. Good for a younger persons summer job.

Advice to Management

xx