Equity LifeStyle Properties - Where Do I Begin! | Glassdoor

"Where Do I Begin!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Community Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I HAD a great immediate supervsor!

Cons

Low pay, long hours, micromanagement, demoralizing conference calls, repetitive financial reporting, poor beneifts with the exception of PTO. I have been in asset management my entire career and am still shocked after 9 years of employment with ELS that it is preferred to allow deferred maintenance and asset deterioration. We, as managers, are expected to give great customer service with no tools to do so. We are pricing ourselves out of our respective markets and continually lose business to competitive properties that complete upgrades and add amenities. The bottom line to stock holders is the only thing that really matters. I have never stopped looking for another company to spread my professional competencies to. If this job market ever regains a postive ground, I'm out.

Advice to Management

Understand your assets. If you think that your asset is the bottom line . . . you are wrong. Your assets are your employees, your customers and your product. If those are valued . . . your bottom line will come.

Other Employee Reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties

"Management by Intimidation"

Former Employee - Staff in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Staff in Riverside, CA

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cannot think of even one.

Cons

An amateurish and inept management that spends an inordinate amount of time demoralizing the staff. It was easily one of the worst experiences of my professional life working for this company. The compensation is so lousy that you might just qualify for government assistance there as a full time employee. The benefits are a joke. Do not, for a second, consider working for these guys if you have any other viable options.

Advice to Management

I think you are well aware of your problems with local management and choose to ignore them. You allow, and even foster, bullying and browbeating of staff. What advice can be offered to an organization that believes hostility breeds productivity?

2. "A Good Place to Start."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Busy atmosphere. Quality Corporate Staff. Tightly managed. Solid.

Cons

Rewards scarce and comp is low.