Equity Residential - Great Company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Equity Residential

"Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Property Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Equity Residential full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, 401k, health/life insurance, profit sharing, great bonus structure, great commission structure

Cons

Exiting some markets and employees are concerned about their future.

Other Employee Reviews for Equity Residential

"Good Company to work for but getting a little too corporate/cut-throat."

Former Employee - Senior Leasing Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Leasing Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Equity Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great properties, coworkers and opportunity because the company is growing so rapidly. I enjoyed working there for 5 years and only left because my husband is military and we were relocating to a place without Equity.

Cons

Promotions are more based on who you know than merit. Many unqualified candidates got promoted over qualified ones because of who they went out drinking with after work. Also in the past couple of years the company has become more cut-throat and stopped seeing employees and residents as people due to corporate greed. Everyone is starting to feel like their jobs are not secure and thus looking outside Equity for employment.

Advice to Management

Sr. Management uses threats rather than advice/motivation to get results. Especially Regional Mgmt., Area Mgmt. and SVP's. I would advise Sr. Mgmt to listen to Jr. Mgmt on employee's effectiveness to avoid losing people that are assets.

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Equity Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are the kind of person who takes pride in your job, gives your all because you really enjoy what you do and are not afraid of a challege ... this COULD be the job for you and you may even enjoy it because you are a loyal person.

Cons

Management (at least in the region I was in ) is so pompus and self absorbed that it is sickening. You will not be recognized monetarily for your achievements at the end of the year when "bonuses " and pay increases are assigned ...EVEN if you have been regonized as one of the top producers over and over and not only that ,but you will get to be treated inhumanily, You will be told ...you just dont do a good enough job eventhough they have given you awards in paper (not money) that states Excellence in Sales and Customer Service...I my case this coverd the Northwest Region Northern California...sounds important .... think again it gets you 13 cents for three years time oh and you will be lucky to start at $14.00 hr. with twenty years experience.

Advice to Management

fire yourselfs ...you are gross.