Cover image for Equity Residential

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

They Really Need To Watch Who They're Highering & Promoting For Management Or Leadership Material

Mar 29, 2013 - Residential Concierge in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the atmosphere of the beauty of my building and the bond that you develop with your residents. They really make you feel like you are making a difference in their dailly life.

Cons

There is a lot of childish behavior being displayed amongst management and their inner clicks! If your not clicked in - you better tread very lightly, because they will turn on you fast. When coming into the company you negotiate a decent pay rate, but it's hard to get a decent raise on your quarterly review if your'e not a favorite. And same thing goes for the bonuses. This place is just like high school and the property manager is like the big kid on campus; with a group of minions watching their backs and causing havoc whenever they feel it's promitable!

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Enjoyed my experience

Oct 18, 2022 - Intern - Hourly
    Business Outlook

Pros

- very nice culture at the Chicago office

Cons

- everyone at the company is highly tenured

Be the first to find this review helpful

Equity Residential Response

Operations Specialist

Thank you for your 5 star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and wish you all the best!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

A horrible company! This is where you literally run and don’t look back!

Sep 23, 2022 - Leasing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely None at this company. The most political and awful leadership I’ve ever dealt with.

Cons

I have been doing this for almost 2 decades and I have had quite a few jobs but in all honesty, this one takes the cake on the worst jobs I have ever held. My supervisor was the most unethical, unprofessional, backstabbing, rude and horrible person I’ve ever dealt with and come in contact with in my 4 decades of being alive, and I don’t say this lightly. From slamming papers to talking behind your back and everything in between, is what I dealt with at this Seattle Hi-rise. Their HR to senior leadership is a complete joke. Their 1980 processes is a another issue that I can write a book about. If you are a creative out of the box thinker, this company is not for you. And if you aren’t, have at it!

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Equity Residential Response

Operations Specialist

We’re sorry to hear you describe your experience in such a negative light. We hope that during your time with Equity you reached out to your local Human Resources representative to further discuss your concerns. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Discover more reviews about Equity Residential.

Equity Residential Careers

Cover image for Equity Residential

Our Story In the early 1960s, two guys at the University of Michigan – Sam Zell and Bob Lurie – started managing student apartment...More

• Work With Us
  • Ten Ways
  • Benefits Overview
  • Equity Values

Equity Residential Photos

+ Add Photo
Equity Residential photo of: Our employees pride themselves on providing a remarkable leasing and living experience to our residents.
Equity Residential photo of: October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month — an annual event to educate and increase awareness. Equity teams wear pink to support and raise awareness.
Equity Residential photo of: The Equity team in Chicago had a blast visiting Chicago Animal Care and Control with Safe Humane.
Equity Residential photo of: The Chicago teams led interactive presentations to showcase all the different facets of technology at Equity!
Equity Residential photo of: Flora Apartments