Equity Residential - Constantly changing and low pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Equity Residential

"Constantly changing and low pay"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Equity Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, great co workers, decent product. If you make the right connections you can make it and become a Leasing Manager or Property Manager relatively quickly. They had nice company outings and parties, they also allow you to take your child to school on their first day.

Cons

The base pay and commission is very low, you have to make a significant amount of leases per month to make it worth your while. If you work at a small property it's hard to make decent commission. They constantly change the pay and bonus structure and usually the sales team is the one taking the brunt of the change.

Advice to Management

Pay fair commission to sales people that excel! Everyone deserves a holiday bonus as well

Other Employee Reviews for Equity Residential

"Neutral about Equity"

Current Employee - Senior Service Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Service Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Equity Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Equity takes care of its employees. They are a stable company and they make you feel part of a team.

Cons

At times, management may make you feel as if you are just a number.

Advice to Management

Improve the overtime policy. Many managers would send employees home without notice in order to avoid paying for the overtime they earned.

"Savages in Suits"

Current Employee - Senior Leasing Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Leasing Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Equity Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some nice people, some smart co-workers.

Cons

I thought that when we were getting bought by Equity things would get better. That is far from the truth. We were already in a tight squeeze and they only made it tighter. Sure they pay better then Archstone based on salary. Kiss your commissions good-bye. Give up 4 deals to get paid pennies on three or four. Equity doesn't know how to merge things. Look at the Equity girl who was a star with Equity - they put her in one of the worst managed Archstone buildings and she had no choice but to leave the company overall. I am shocked she lasted as long as she did with those tyrants. I didn't know her- but I know Equity lost a huge asset. This just shows to proove they dont care how good you are- everyone is replaceable.

Advice to Management

Get a pulse- we are not robots. Stop being so cheap - give us back commissions.