Cover image for Equity Residential

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Almost 5 years and still enjoying the ride!

Apr 2, 2021 - Community Manager in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Equity Residential has created a work culture that feels like home. From upper management the transparency of all aspects of the business being shared with all employees is always comforting. During the pandemic Equity Residential quickly adjusted and put protocols in place that supported the safety of us employees and our residents. Our company continuously shares different ways to save money on our benefits. The company always welcomes questions authority that’s creates growth and a feeling of inclusiveness from all.

Cons

Not many promotion opportunities due to low turnover.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Equity Residential Response

Operations Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all of your feedback and are so glad that you feel like Equity is a place that you can thrive - that is our company purpose - creating communities where people thrive! Transparency and communication is key when navigating change, especially during trying times, and we are glad to hear that you recognize the efforts being made. We value your contributions and thank you for being a part of the Equity Team!

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Intern Review

Nov 6, 2022 - Intern in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great community and great people

Cons

Unclear assignments at some times.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Equity Residential Response

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We appreciate you taking the time to reflect on your experiences as an Intern with us, and wish you the best of luck!

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Advancement and development severely lacking

Nov 28, 2022 - Assistant Community Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong company culture and some great people.

Cons

Upper management does little in the way of promoting advancement and development opportunities. The portfolio is restructuring staffing, centralizing operations etc. in a way that takes away responsibilities and earning potential, rendering certain full-time roles almost irrelevant. This restructuring also limits advancement opportunities as managerial roles are extremely difficult to come by and competitive to earn.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Equity Residential.

Equity Residential Careers

Cover image for Equity Residential

Our Story In the early 1960s, two guys at the University of Michigan – Sam Zell and Bob Lurie – started managing student apartment...More

• Work With Us
  • Ten Ways
  • Benefits Overview
  • Equity Values

Equity Residential Photos

+ Add Photo
Equity Residential photo of: Our employees pride themselves on providing a remarkable leasing and living experience to our residents.
Equity Residential photo of: October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month — an annual event to educate and increase awareness. Equity teams wear pink to support and raise awareness.
Equity Residential photo of: The Equity team in Chicago had a blast visiting Chicago Animal Care and Control with Safe Humane.
Equity Residential photo of: The Chicago teams led interactive presentations to showcase all the different facets of technology at Equity!
Equity Residential photo of: Flora Apartments