Cover image for Equity Residential

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 3.0
    Current Employee

Advancement and development severely lacking

Nov 28, 2022 - Assistant Community Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong company culture and some great people.

Cons

Upper management does little in the way of promoting advancement and development opportunities. The portfolio is restructuring staffing, centralizing operations etc. in a way that takes away responsibilities and earning potential, rendering certain full-time roles almost irrelevant. This restructuring also limits advancement opportunities as managerial roles are extremely difficult to come by and competitive to earn.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Equity Residential Response

Operations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While we want to encourage our employees to take initiative and ownership of their career growth and professional development, Equity Residential efforts to make our teams aware of promotion and advancement opportunities includes platforms like Job Flashes, inviting all employees to sign up for Job Alerts that notify them of openings that pique their interest, providing training courses and modules both online and through our phenomenal Organization Talent and Development department, and offering programs like Accelerate and Ascent for individuals interested in taking on a management role - just to name a few! And while year end performance reviews are always a great time to discuss potential next steps, we invite both our employees to solicit feedback - and our managers to provide feedback throughout the year - on an ongoing basis. We encourage you to reach out to your manager to discuss any questions or concerns you may have.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Worth the Career Transition!

Jan 26, 2023 - Leasing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Full benefits right away * Quality training materials and source guide * Good hard working people make it fun to work with

Cons

* If you're not into customer service, this is not the position for you * Lot's of information to digest at once, but management is very patient and helpful

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place!

Jan 11, 2023 - Construction Service Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working for Equity. It is a nice workplace, with good people and a supportive environment. There are a lot of people who have worked here for 7+ years. Great work-life balance (I work for the corporate office) and a lot of flexibility.

Cons

Big company with red type, but besides that part, everything is great

1 person found this review helpful

Equity Residential Response

Operations Specialist

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit our page to share your feedback! We appreciate hearing from you, and we’re so flattered by your 5 star review!

Discover more reviews about Equity Residential.

Equity Residential Careers

Cover image for Equity Residential

Our Story In the early 1960s, two guys at the University of Michigan – Sam Zell and Bob Lurie – started managing student apartment...More

• Work With Us
  • Ten Ways
  • Benefits Overview
  • Equity Values

Equity Residential Photos

+ Add Photo
Equity Residential photo of: Our employees pride themselves on providing a remarkable leasing and living experience to our residents.
Equity Residential photo of: October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month — an annual event to educate and increase awareness. Equity teams wear pink to support and raise awareness.
Equity Residential photo of: The Equity team in Chicago had a blast visiting Chicago Animal Care and Control with Safe Humane.
Equity Residential photo of: The Chicago teams led interactive presentations to showcase all the different facets of technology at Equity!
Equity Residential photo of: Flora Apartments