Equity Trust Company - Great place to start a career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Equity Trust Company

"Great place to start a career"

Current Employee - Marketing in Westlake, OH
Current Employee - Marketing in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started at Equity Trust directly upon graduating college and I could not be happier with the company. The opportunities for growth and the wonderful people are two of the best things about ETC.

There is a very friendly atmosphere here and I truly can say that I have fun at work, and it's because of the people I work with. Between the fun games and trivia that our department plays for holidays, company events like the Relay for Life, happy hours, or Indians games, or the day-to-day interactions that are filled with a genuine kindness I really could not be happier.

I also have been surrounded by a tremendous team that has helped facilitate my growth as an individual. I have been given a freedom and level of responsibility that most companies would not offer a recent graduate and have been supported every step of the way by co-workers, supervisors, and managers across the board. Unlike many of my recent graduate friends, I'm excited about coming to work everyday because I have been empowered in my position and believe in our mission and that I can make a difference.

I like to say Equity Trust is the perfect large, small business. Obviously as an industry leader in a state-of-the-art facility it is difficult to claim it is a small-time operation. But the connectedness of the team and the community feel makes it feel like it is still a small business. Which reminds me, we just moved in to a beautiful new building! The company leadership went to great lengths to build the facility around the employee needs and it has paid off. I love the cafeteria and weight room, still can't get over the fact that I can take 15 minutes for a massage in the middle of my day, and feel more professional and better about coming to work now that we have the new place.

I am so happy to have been given the opportunity to start my career at a place like ETC!

Cons

When I described ETC as the perfect large, small business I meant it. There are plenty of times where I feel like we get caught in-between the two. We have wonderful visions of growth and advancement that are fit for a large company, but are sometimes asked to do so with small company resources. Occasionally I've noticed that the desire to move forward and grow has come at the expense of the processes and procedures that are currently in place. Finally I think sometimes we have a tendency to start things without finishing them or decide to change course after getting halfway down the path, which speaks to the larger point of working for a growing company. Overall, as long as you are open and willing to adapt you will enjoy your time at Equity Trust. Everyday is a new and exciting challenge and I couldn't think of a better place to be able to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with your employee focused initiatives! My only advice would be to stay clear and committed to the directives that come down the pipeline. Once we get moving on something having to suddenly change direction without a clear explanation or plan of action can be difficult and frustrating. Overall, from what I have seen during my time here I feel very confident in the direction that we are heading as an organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Equity Trust Company

"Women should not apply here"

Current Employee - Operations Associate in Elyria, OH
    Current Employee - Operations Associate in Elyria, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Theres a cafeteria with decent food

Cons

This is an old boys club. Women are not respected and rarely advance. Overweight women in particular are mistreated & more likely to be fired. . Its a very bad, depressing atmospere

Advice to Management

Get with the modern times. Toes and tattoos are not offensive

"Growing Organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for Equity for 4 years, and while we have had our mishaps there is certainly enough good to keep me here. The people I work with are phenomena. Tons of personalities, all very genuine, accepting and fun! The executive staff is continuously finding ways to motivate and reward employees. We have been to Dave and Busters, Indians Games, Cedar Point, dinner cruises, and so much more. The new building is great with free massages, fitness centers, cafe, etc. Work life balance is not only possible here, but encouraged. I have progressed tremendously since I have been here. In 4 years I have been in 3 different positions, each an advancement from the previous. I have never worked at a place where everyone, including your CEO has an interest in your development and growth within the organization. I have been offered other opportunities elsewhere, but my loyalty lies with Equity.

Cons

Our CEO has a lot of vision, which can be good and bad thing. But knowing and believing that everything he does is for the good of the company makes it tolerable. This is a niche industry so what we do and what the knowledge necessary is not something many people come to us with experience in. Equity does train on what it is you need to know, but processes continually change which can be frustrating. If your considering employment here be open and adaptable to change and ignore all the moans and groans from the people who have been here forever. Their job is as enjoyable as they allow it to be. Many of us who have been around for awhile have seen the best and the worst of Equity. Some like to dwell on past bad experience and miss out on all the good Equity has to offer.