Ericsson-Worldwide - Nice.......................................... | Glassdoor

"Nice.........................................."

Current Employee - Intern
Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time

Pros

Salary, people ,office , perks , networking opportunity

Cons

approval loops , poor utilization , everything works on excel , data spread

Advice to Management

Improve current employee utilization.......................

Jun 25, 2014 – Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your reviews and feedback. We are sure as you grow and learn that you will feel more utilized. We are constantly striving to improve our internal processes and make them faster and... More

Other Employee Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

1. "Great company to work for"

Pros

Fast paced environment. Opportunity to learn lot of different cutting edge technologies

Cons

work life balance at times can be strained

Jun 13, 2014 – Employer Branding and Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review. We hope you enjoyed your time with Ericsson and appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts.

"Don't get too comfortable ..."

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health insurance premium paid for the entire family

Cons

- Below market rate pay. The pay is OK, but below what you can make elsewhere. The paid health insurance premium helps, but it's still a little on the low side.

- There is no work/life balance. The workload is massive, which prevents you from taking time off. Or you can just work while you're on vacation. You can sell back one week of your vacation, but most people still have some that goes unused. (This is a double edge sword, because you also don't have enough time to look for another job.)

- There is little career opportunity. Unless you are willing to move overseas, you won't really move very far up the ladder.

- Don't get too comfortable. Sometimes a company must reduce their workforce to stay healthy. I think most company executives truly regret the turmoil that this creates on the people that pour their lives into their jobs, and would truly do something else if it was possible.

Ericsson, on the other hand uses layoffs every year to create employee turnover. They have a layoff every March, and it is known as the "refresh." Any employee that has been there for more than a year know that if you survive March, you're probably pretty safe for another year. There seems to be no rhyme or reason of who is chosen to be "refreshed," as every year people are laid off and their peers are wondering why.

This policy highly immoral (in my opinion), because it takes good hard working people and just discards them in the trash bin. I'm sure that once the job market swings back the other way (to the employee side) this won't be tolerated, but until then Ericsson will be able to get by with this despicable practice.

Advice to Management

Pull your heads out. That employee survey you do is a joke. If you really want to know what people think about your company, do it in April (right after the refresh) instead of the fourth quarter (when everybody is too busy to give you honest feedback).

Jun 22, 2014 – Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you found certain areas of our organization that you didn't like, but we can ensure you that we are doing our best to put our employees first and... More