Ericsson-Worldwide - Good company but very complex & highly political organization | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

"Good company but very complex & highly political organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best things about Ericsson are the great benefits, decent salary scale, overall positive work environment, and many competent and friendly colleagues from diverse backgrounds.

Cons

Cramped office space in North American HQ interferes with productivity. Training program largely focused on internal initiatives instead of bringing in outside experts. Extremely complex matrix organization combined with the Swedish consensus mentality makes for long meetings and extended time to reach decisions, ultimately stifling internal innovation and feeding office politics.

Advice to Management

Look for ways to reorganize the company along functional lines and assess, objectively, deficiencies in process workflow.

Jul 13, 2014 – Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time to write a review. It's always good to hear from our current employees - and nice to hear about the positive work environment and great colleagues. We also appreciate your... More

Other Employee Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

1. "Nice.........................................."

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time

Pros

Salary, people ,office , perks , networking opportunity

Cons

approval loops , poor utilization , everything works on excel , data spread

Advice to Management

Improve current employee utilization.......................

Jun 25, 2014 – Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your reviews and feedback. We are sure as you grow and learn that you will feel more utilized. We are constantly striving to improve our internal processes and make them faster and... More

2. "It was hard to get in the "in" crowd."

Former Employee - Telecom Engineer in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Telecom Engineer in Plano, TX

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved everything about the job until 3 levels of management left in 6 months. it was the blind leading the naked. I think it is a good company over all, but they use you up and spit you out.

Cons

Over-worked, no positive reinforcement. Salary was okay, but not for the hours that were required under salary. If you were from Sweden you where held to a different standard that those from the USA.

Advice to Management

Don't exchange 3 levels of management and expect to have good results. It wasn't that the new management VP down was doing things right, it was that they didn't do the right things right.

Jul 13, 2014 – Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and also your advice on how we can improve. This information is valuable to our team.