Esri - AWESOME place to work!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Esri

"AWESOME place to work!!!"

Former Employee - Intern in Redlands, CA
Former Employee - Intern in Redlands, CA

I worked at Esri full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with creative, brilliant, talented people from all over the world on a beautiful campus where you have endless opportunities to learn, grow, and be involved in the quaint Redlands community.

Cons

The morale and day-to-day experience tends to vary depending on which department you work in.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

Other Employee Reviews for Esri

1. "Exciting company to work for"

Former Employee - Software in Redlands, CA
    Former Employee - Software in Redlands, CA

I worked at Esri full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Versatility, exposure to latest technologies, great location

Cons

Not easy to move into other domains within the company

Advice to Management

Flexibility to give people opportunities to move into other departments.

"Stuck in 90's"

Current Employee - Lead Developer in Redlands, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Developer in Redlands, CA

I have been working at Esri full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Job safety - Not a single layoff in the past 40 years.. You can see Jack at the cafe almost daily, how cool is that!! a CEO standing in line with you.. great guy.. market leaders in GIS.. Great medical benefits.. Paid by the HOUR

Cons

Hmm .. ok where do I start.. Absolutely zero career path so make sure you get in with a nice title and a package because you are not going to stay in that level forever, no promote from within mentality.. Though market leaders but not technology leaders, new ideas, designs, best practices are scoffed at by your direct supervisors who doesn't want to come out of their comfort zone.. Federal office mentality where people just do what it takes to survive or please Scott, who runs the company though Jack owns it.. Everything catches up late with esri - development methodologies, design(if there is one,we developers just do what we feel is right), best practices, consumption models, business plans, sales plans this is even after seeing other small and big companies successfully outperform them, hence stuck in 90's mindset.. REDLANDS is a big con.. Company is only suitable for people who wants to be comfortable without being challenged much and survive and get a paycheck at the end of the day, very bad for people looking for exciting challenges & opportunities..

Advice to Management

OPEN your eyes please.. We are the leaders but it doesn't mean we are going to stay there forever..