Esse Health - Great Leadership | Glassdoor

"Great Leadership"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

It's a great company to work for. The management and leadership are competent. The company offers standard benefits and everyone in the company is approachable, including the CEO.

Cons

With offices all over St. Louis and some in Illinois, there are not many company functions that allow all of the employees to come together and meet one another. Most employees don't know what goes on in other offices.

Advice to Management

Conitinue to focus on the values of the company and continue to be approachable. Introduce more professional development opportunities for your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Esse Health

"A lot of changes in atmosphere. Great place to work, quickly has gone down hill."

Current Employee - Missouri in Creve Coeur, MO
    Current Employee - Missouri in Creve Coeur, MO

I have been working at Esse Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work, at least it used to be. Everyone in the I.T. department is adapting to a lot of changes, many of which don't make sense. Used to have great employee appreciation weeks, winter galas, people looked liked they were happy to be there. Different vibe with help desk, all the way up to the network and system admins.

Cons

I.T. department is going about implenting a change in culture in a counter productive manner. Cutting edge technology with bare bones staff to support. 2 week on call rotation that includes helpdesk level calls for network and system admins. All praise to EMR team for a couple hours of work, but little to no acknowledgment from management for the long hours put in during maintenances, break fix, and general after hours changes. Too many projects at one time. Unable to maintain a work life balance in order to keep projects timelines and the current technology operational.

Advice to Management

Pay doesn't match skill set. I.T. department can not retain good employees long, and unable to hire qualified personnel. Try genuine compliment and acknowledging hard work.

2. "Lead Medical Assistant"

Current Employee - Lead Medical Assistant
    Current Employee - Lead Medical Assistant

I have been working at Esse Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I feel that the company recognizes and appreciates valued employees, and they offer benefits that most companies don't. I feel that patient care has always been a top priority.

Cons

I feel that the people that dictate and outline the office processes, should first, be required to work in the field (at each individual office). There are much more efficient processes, that I don't feel are utilized properly, due to the lack of knowledge in the way each office is ran. And lastly, there should not be a "standardized" allotted time for patient care, and I feel that is where the company is headed.

Advice to Management

As previously stated, I feel that the people that dictate and outline the office processes, should first, be required to work in the field (at each individual office). There are much more efficient processes, that I don't feel are utilized properly, due to the lack of knowledge in the way each office is ran. Which in turn leads to the new hire training process being more of a waste of time/money, than of benefit, since they are being shown a completely different way of doing things, when there are processes that are much less time consuming and easier to understand. I also feel like the employees that are training the new hires should have more knowledge when it comes to the EMR.