Essendant - Trending in the wrong direction | Glassdoor
  1. "Trending in the wrong direction"

Former Employee - National Account Manager

I worked at Essendant full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Wellness programs Employee interaction with colleagues Decent benefits Minimal micromanagement by direct supervisor My direct manager was an excellent coach, leader and manager. Extremely helpful and flexible with personal schedules and non work related familial issues. Would 100% work for him again in a revamped setting.

Cons

Very “cliquey” Limited to no work from home options due to megalomaniacal VP Extremely limited advancement opportunities No real path for people to advance Managers are entrenched and not advancing/leaving leading to no opportunities to advance themselves Salary is extremely below the national average for job title Commission is paid on profit, not sales, which VP controls. You have very little say in the... profit, thus handicapping your earning potential

Advice to Management

Work from home is easiest benefit you can offer employees and it literally costs you nothing. Wanting people in a building everyday to “watch” them is a culture issue Salaries need drastic improvement and attention Reward top sales performers There are a lot of small things this company can do to fix its employee morale issues, they just choose not to. Since recent acquisition, the exodus of employees elsewhere... is incredibly telling, however egos prevail and no one sees it.

Essendant2019-08-16
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Essendant full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The hours work for my family and I.

Cons

I've been here for a while. I really don't have anything that I think is grossly wrong.

Essendant2019-09-04
  2. "Pretty good company to work for"

Current Employee - Picker

I have been working at Essendant full-time

Pros

Pto easy and layed back after you learn the system

Cons

Pay is not so great

Essendant2019-10-15

Discover more reviews about Essendant.