Estée Lauder Companies - Estee Lauder Innovates! | Glassdoor

"Estee Lauder Innovates!"

Current Employee - Inventory Optimization and Planning Manager in Bristol, PA
Current Employee - Inventory Optimization and Planning Manager in Bristol, PA

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Focused on innovation, integration, and ROI at the executive leadship level. The ideas have been consistent and effectively cascaded to all employees.

Cons

The changes that have been made to stay competitive and releveant still take a long time for full implementation. Next step in execution excellence is to take more advantage of improved technology and information.

Other Employee Reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

1. "I loved it!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbus, OH

Pros

$$, growth within company, fun

Cons

territories have become too large to handle

Advice to Management

too much politics

2. "I believe my experience at Estee to be positive, I am treated with respect and fairness."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Pros

The company provides great benefits. It is a stable company that is doing well in this economy. There are frequently job posting allowing for an individual to grow in experience. They also provide a fair amount of vacation days and summer friday's.

Cons

Greater effort should be put in to grow the people within the organization. The company seems to have an attitude that it’s employees are not as valuable as people that can be acquired from the outside. i.e. people from the outside are paid much more money going into a position then a current employee.

Advice to Management

Lately we have seen that the company is trying to grow its employees. This is great, however, there isn’t a practical way that is making this happen. i.e. giving some incentive to a manager to have his direct reports advance in the company. While I am very fortunate to have an excellent director and executive director. This is not the case with all. I think that attitude and treatment of others should be a greater factor in the promotion of people who will manage others. There are some people who are very talented but should not be managing people.