Estée Lauder Companies - Great projects, great people and so much learning | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

"Great projects, great people and so much learning"

Current Intern - Intern in New York, NY
Current Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies as an intern

Pros

everyone is willing to help you, and they will recognize your talent as long as you try hard and show them you have passion.

Cons

Can't think of anything right now. I was very happy with my experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

1. "Unrealistic of Goals - Job I loved but hated becuase of managment"

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Sturgeon Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Sturgeon Bay, WI

I worked at Estée Lauder Companies part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits like free make-up and skin care. Seminars are fun to go to. Laid back atmosphere. Pretty good incentives.

Cons

Estee Lauder is very unrealistic of goals. They strive for goals that are 8% above last year, but when the economy keeps going down how do you get 8% above. They do not recognize you on achievement but tell you to up your sales and that the month is terrible and you need to work harder, even though you have. There is no training, you are just put in the job and are expected to know what to do. There is no communication between Younkers Managers and Estee Lauder Managers, so when you are supposed to be working and have a counter manager phone meeting you are not scheduled and miss it and get yelled at by Estee Lauder and Younkers even though it’s not your fault.
    If you are have struggles they fail to come to the store and help even if you request it because you are a small store so they just don’t care. I quit the job and went to fragrance and my store manager never even told Estee Lauder! So when they called and yelled at me for the monthly numbers being down and I told them I didn’t work for Estee Lauder for two weeks it was a surprise to them!
    I loved what I did as a beauty advisor but hated being disrespected.

What is 3% commission!!!!!!! For all the work that I did I'd expect to get more than that!
    Calling customers, follow up calls, doing three appoitments a day (make-up and skin care consultations), persuading people to buy products, and working my tail end off to meet unrealistic goals!

Advice to Management

work with the store managers where you have counters. Train your employees!

"Assistant Marketing Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Estée Lauder Companies full-time

Pros

Company benefits and hours at work.

Cons

Politics and slow movement for promotion.

Advice to Management

Promote managers who could manage, not just people who perform we'll at their current job.