Estée Lauder Companies - High Workload, High Stress Level, High Expectations | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

"High Workload, High Stress Level, High Expectations"

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn to do variety of tasks, Some Helpful Colleagues

Cons

High Workload, High Stress Level, High Expectations, Slow in Implementing Technological Changes, HR can be improved, Tight Deadlines, High KPI, Politics are present

Advice to Management

It is important to improve on the HR management and IT systems

Other Employee Reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

1. "Absentee leadership at best..."

Former Intern - Production Supervisor
    Former Intern - Production Supervisor

I worked at Estée Lauder Companies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

On one hand, Estee Lauder is a widely known brand so that should help me get my foot in the door at another company. Compared to my previous internships, I can actually say that I was responsible for more within my first month than I was at all of my internships combined, which for me is a good thing.

They can also be incredibly generous in terms of overtime.

Cons

The particular location I worked at suffered due to absentee/incompetent leadership and unfortunately, as a new person attempting to point this out, I was often met with a general "suck it up, that's how it is" type of attitude. This attitude spilled over into other colleagues who in turn would generally complete the least amount of work possible because as the intern, I was expected to somehow finish the work too as though my weeks of experience could rival their years. Once again, I was expected to grin and bear it as an intern

Advice to Management

Treat your interns better especially if you want them to stick around and grow into a full timer. The job itself is fairly straight forward provided the managers actually develop a better system of accountability (both short-term and long-term) and began to communicate important information in a clear concise way. Stop wasting time with trivial projects when those issues the projects are intended to solve could simply be resolved if fellow employees did their job correctly.

The potential for greatness is there but it's muddled with petty office politics, nonchalance from management, outdated resources, and a general feeling of negativity pervading the place from the top down. I challenge that particular plant to live up to what they claimed during the interview process- a constantly growing company that delivers mentorship, advancement opportunities, open-door communication, etc.

"Good company but not progressive"

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time

Pros

Work environment varies from dept to dept., but have met some really great executives here.

Cons

Does not manage change well as it still functions every much like a family-owned company and not a public firm.

Advice to Management

Changes implemented by "new" CEO threw out babies with bathwater.