Esurance - I had very good experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Esurance

"I had very good experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good carrier opportunities, good working environment

Cons

Noting new to learn, needs to be a follower not a self starter

Other Employee Reviews for Esurance

"If you can't find anything else at that moment, then apply...but keep looking."

Former Employee - Sales Agent II in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Agent II in Tampa, FL

I worked at Esurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A champion of Marriage Equality & Free Pizza. I truly wish I can say something else positive about the company......seriously.

Cons

First, let me begin by saying the post left on Aug. 7, 2013 by title "Don't do it, you'll regret it..."
    is right on the money in terms of whats wrong with the Sales Division. And I would like to expand on some of the points mentioned. If you happen to be a top salesperson & don't really show any issues with the calls that are coming in...they will send you the hardest states to write in..a la..MI, FL, NY...until your numbers get low enough that you blend in with the company median. No matter what they say...please trust me...there is a wizard behind the curtain from the Land of Oz pulling the lever's. As well as the fact that I have witnessed other teams cheat the system to the point in which it's common knowledge among the rep's. Those two factor's really destroy the integrity of the compensation plan and create a toxic environment that breeds mistrust & malice. In terms of turnover, it has been extremely high ever since I began there to the point it's become a corporate norm. Last but not least...Management, some of the manager's really do try their best given the lack of support their given...and some simply do not have good people skill's...

Advice to Management

Please advise middle management to stop saying "I'm so glad I'm finally off the phone"
    in front of agents..then later in the day scold them for their wrap-time.....it doesn't help morale.

"IT management in search of direction"

Former Employee - IT Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - IT Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Esurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Esurance does offer a variance of IT projects. The opportunity to work with other IT and business owners provides a great opportunity to collaborate on diverse requirements and deliverables.

Cons

Although Esurance endorses the work, life and health balance for employees, this does not apply to IT support and engineering staff. 12 hour days, late night maintenance - basically on call 24/7 - and a very toxic work environment does not promote continuity within the IT staff/department. Long tenured IT engineers have been departing in droves and the future of IT support related to Esurance business will be detrimentally affected.

Advice to Management

IT management does not promote or offer promotions to qualified IT professionals within departments. Management is out of touch with personal lives of IT employees - only is concerned with the bottom line which will affect Esurance business and the bottom line - profitability.