Ethan Allen - Company is okay | Glassdoor

"Company is okay"

Former Employee - Design Consultant
Former Employee - Design Consultant

I worked at Ethan Allen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

contact with the public. able to use design training. district and regional managers provided good direction. there's not much more to say.

Cons

Pay structure changed to salary and team bonus. very difficult to attain. store not supported well during economy tank...

Other Employee Reviews for Ethan Allen

"An extremely disfunctional experience with management"

Former Employee - Client Service Specialist
    Former Employee - Client Service Specialist

I worked at Ethan Allen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good discount after 1 year employment if you can afford the high end furniture and accessories

Cons

Regardless of how well you are doing your job you never get a review or a raise.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage and respect your designers and staff support.

2. "Good place to start your career"

I have been working at Ethan Allen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A good place to start your career,.Because the company is vertically integrated you will have exposure to everything from manufacturing, sourcing & merchandising to business management, retail development & advertising.

Cons

Due to large staff cuts several years ago, the talented people that helped make this company successful now spend much of their time doing adminstrative tasks for senior management and although we are still responsible for the jobs we were original hired to do there is little time or resources to much more.

Ethan Allen is a publicly traded company - owned by it's share holders. In the eyes of the stock market you are only as good as last week's #s.This puts stress on upper management to meet quarterly $$ for it's investors. Unfortunately, like most publicly traded companies, decisions are made based on those numbers at the expense of it's employees and customers.

Advice to Management

Decide who we are and who we want to be in the industry, we cannot be all things to all people. Be the benchmark that other furniture companies are measured by.