Ethos Consulting Group - High turnover rate at a sales firm that promises growth. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ethos Consulting Group

"High turnover rate at a sales firm that promises growth."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ethos has team nights every week and a ton of nice appearing people. The hours are also a plus going from noon to eight PM.

Cons

The position I applied for was an account manager. I went through three interviews and they never mentioned that they are looking for a sales person. The top sales people/ management make you believe you will be working with teams doing marketing and it turns out to be door to door sales position which I wish I would have known going into the first day of work. They also don't provide room to growth when they evaluate each sales person constantly and let go of people extremely frequently attributing it to a high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

I would like for Ethos to mention in the position description on all of their ads that they are a door to door sales firm.

Ethos Consulting Group Response

Sep 24, 2013 – President

Dear Former employee, we value your feedback and concerns. We are sorry you didn't have a pleasant experience at Ethos Consulting Group, Inc. At Ethos we pride ourselves in the work we do. Therefore ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Ethos Consulting Group

"B2B Exclusive T-Mobile Authorized Agent in Colorado"

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The harder I work the more money I make and the quicker I get to advance. 100% performance based. Great pay structure!
    Solid training and support from management. Everyone working here are young ambitions and driven. Starting in sales makes sense since it is the driving force behind any company.

Cons

Some people may think the hours are long. But you have to put the hard work in to get the most out of life/careers. If you don't want to learn sales and leadership, Ethos wouldn't be a good match for you.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing us and leading like a true leader should.

"Entry Level Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-You get to wear a tie
    -You get pumped up in the morning
    -Positive Atmosphere

Cons

It's a pyramid scheme. They use rectangles when describing the promotion hierarchy, but if you follow their system you'll spend months solely focused on recruiting people/expanding (and you get a portion of trainee's comission. sound familiar?) instead of actually contributing something to the world or furthering your career. I applied to work here and ended up being pressured into working for a completely different company called "LCM". Every day you have the same ideas drilled into your head in a brainwashing manner. Nobody gives you much coherent advice or training; they simply have a pseudo system to pitch random business in a zip code they assign to you, regardless if the client is busy or not. It does not respect the community and the entire organization is owned by a parent company called "Cydcor". Ethos, LCM, and several hundred other small business across the nation are subsidiaries and operate under direct control of 5-10 millionaire consultants who are essentially just aggressive recruiters.

Everyone that would potentially train you is underqualified and has less than a year of sales experience. Working here, you will be up at 5am and get home at 8pm, and make virtually no income. There are no benefits or work life balance. Multiple employees told me that the CEO is known to fire people seemingly out of nowhere. The managers, owners, and "consultants" (the top level executives) intentionally market their business in a misleading way to attract a young or ignorant audience that doesn't know any better. Look for better opportunities people - you deserve way better than this.

Advice to Management

Focus on developing your employees with better chosen campaigns, so that the turnover rate isn't so dramatically high. Don't make false promises to people then retract them.