Etsy - engaging, exhilarating, enigmatic, effervescent, ebullient, enticing, employment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Etsy

"engaging, exhilarating, enigmatic, effervescent, ebullient, enticing, employment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

Etsy is highly passionate, highly intelligent, highly capable company with a huge vision. It's a constantly evolving atmosphere where creativity and outspokenness are genuinely appreciated and rewarded. That, and we throw one hell of a party.

Cons

Because things are constantly in flux, the environment can be disjointed at times--communication breaks down and projects, people, and spaces are left without an owner.

Advice to Management

As Etsy grows, it's important that we identify and solve operational problems while we push new code to the site. Clear internal structures and communications can only serve to increase clarity for our members, creating a better experience for the Etsy community as a whole.

Other Employee Reviews for Etsy

1. "Etsy Ireland"

Former Employee - Senior Finance Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Finance Manager

I worked at Etsy full-time

Pros

Very good people. Lovely office and benefits.

Cons

Too many HR for such a small entity. Your contribution is not valued.

Advice to Management

Hire better managers and give recognition for the hard workers.

2. "Culture"

I have been working at Etsy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredibly values aligned business which places employees and community at the centre of all decisions. Every employee is committed to Etsy's mission and lives it daily with all interactions. Highly collaborative environment where openness and transparency is encouraged. Fast paced and challenging work environment with great rewards! Great place to work!

Cons

There is sometimes a downside of fast paced and challenging, and that's Work Life Balance, however Etsy has a very flexible approach to when times are busy.

Advice to Management

As we grow Internationally being mindful of global timezones and involving international input with project enhancements / roll outs for process improvements