Eurofins Scientific - Great People | Glassdoor

"Great People"

Current Employee - Department Manager
Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I'm surprised at the people who say there are no career opportunities with Eurofins. Have been here for a number of years and received numerous promotions. Possibly the location they work and the position they held/currently hold, but I have not found that to be the case. Exceptionally nice people; especially the directors. They value their employees like family.

Cons

Insurance is expensive for families and does not seem to be decreasing as the number of employees increases, which is what I would expect with so many acquisitions. If you were not on the upper end of the salary range, family insurance would not be affordable. The company is growing extremely quickly, so if you are not flexible, you will find yourself out of the loop and lost in the shuffle. The pay is fair, but not exceptional for expectations.

Advice to Management

Communication, communication...

Other Employee Reviews for Eurofins Scientific

"This is a dead end job for most"

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a place where you can gain a good set of skills in the laboratory. In my experience, I had great co-workers who were good to work with. The benefits are good if you are paying for yourself, only.

Cons

One of the major reasons there is a high turnover rate is because of the poor pay. If you are thinking about paying for healthcare for your family or you and your spouse, the premiums are outrageous. Personally, I would have had to use at least 40% of my monthly income to pay for family coverage. I couldn't afford it.
    I have known some of the hardest working people who stuck around waiting and waiting for an increase in pay or a job promotion, only to be disappointed.
    From what I've seen, upper management will keep those who have worked there for a long time even when they treat newer employees like garbage.

Advice to Management

If you gave your employees pay increases other than the standard cost of living increase, they would have hope for their jobs. I feel like all the hard work that I've done has simply gone unnoticed.

"Great dynamic place if your job motivates you from day 1"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

very dynamic, entreprenarial, smart and nice to work with people

Cons

not mature (poor process and tools), carreer evolutions are messy

Advice to Management

play a much closer attention to the carreers of your employees