European Wax Center - Friendly, energetic workplace | Glassdoor

"Friendly, energetic workplace"

Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at European Wax Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a guest service coordinator you get discounted products (40% off). Team oriented environment and flexible scheduling. They offer sales compensation and if you do really well in your sales goals they offer extra bonus' each month and also do competitions between store locations

Cons

I felt that all employees should be able to receive free waxing services, not just the wax specialists. Working as a guest service coordinator you receive 30% off all services. Most of the time they run specials that allow their guests to save 25% on services if they purchase a prepaid wax pass, so as an employee you don't get that much more of a discount.

Advice to Management

Give all employees free services!

Other Employee Reviews for European Wax Center

"I still new worker working part time. I am listening what older workers has to say. Soon I will find my own conclusions"

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at European Wax Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clean environment. High end guests. Good prices. Workers still happy. Good gratuities.

Cons

Low minimum wages. The guest associate encourage guests to leave gratuities in cr
    edition card. Guess what? When they do the payroll your gratuities are tax deductible, and I found this trick very unfair for all wax specialists. Extremely unfair.

Advice to Management

Try to tell the guest in a good manner to leave gratuities in cash please. We work very hard and very cheap already to pay more taxes. Is not fair that just one side is making money, and the other is in deep loss.

"Fantastic way to make money, with the right management."

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have the ability to make great money, great products, easy to build clientele.

Cons

No benefits, time off difficult.

Advice to Management

The management makes all the difference in the franchise. The company itself is well organized and efficient, but having experienced business management is the key to making the whole system work. Most of the complaints I've read involve unprofessional or unjust management, and do not effect the corporate structure. The management in nashbille is great. Not Micro managed. If you're someone who comes in with a good attitude and likes to work you shouldn't have any issues. It is BUSY so you have potential to make great money. But if you're a person who prefers to be in a spa environment with 2-3 guests per day with down time, this probably isn't the best fit for you. The shifts are short but busy, which maximizes your tips. I work about 30 hours per week and make roughly 1.5 times what I made working 40+ hours else wear.