European Wax Center - I still new worker working part time. I am listening what older workers has to say. Soon I will find my own conclusions | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for European Wax Center

"I still new worker working part time. I am listening what older workers has to say. Soon I will find my own conclusions"

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at European Wax Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clean environment. High end guests. Good prices. Workers still happy. Good gratuities.

Cons

Low minimum wages. The guest associate encourage guests to leave gratuities in cr
edition card. Guess what? When they do the payroll your gratuities are tax deductible, and I found this trick very unfair for all wax specialists. Extremely unfair.

Advice to Management

Try to tell the guest in a good manner to leave gratuities in cash please. We work very hard and very cheap already to pay more taxes. Is not fair that just one side is making money, and the other is in deep loss.

Other Employee Reviews for European Wax Center

"Fantastic way to make money, with the right management."

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have the ability to make great money, great products, easy to build clientele.

Cons

No benefits, time off difficult.

Advice to Management

The management makes all the difference in the franchise. The company itself is well organized and efficient, but having experienced business management is the key to making the whole system work. Most of the complaints I've read involve unprofessional or unjust management, and do not effect the corporate structure. The management in nashbille is great. Not Micro managed. If you're someone who comes in with a good attitude and likes to work you shouldn't have any issues. It is BUSY so you have potential to make great money. But if you're a person who prefers to be in a spa environment with 2-3 guests per day with down time, this probably isn't the best fit for you. The shifts are short but busy, which maximizes your tips. I work about 30 hours per week and make roughly 1.5 times what I made working 40+ hours else wear.

2. "Really great place to work if you need a job during school or to put on a resume."

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Valencia, CA

I have been working at European Wax Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

EWC teaches their employees great ways to sell their products.

Cons

They are not able to pay as much as most deserve.