European Wax Center - A lot of fun but hard physical labor | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for European Wax Center

"A lot of fun but hard physical labor"

Pros

Fast paced. Lots of opportunity to make money and motivation to do so. Company is energetic and their positive energy is contagious and admirable

Cons

Not enough money, especially considering how hard you work. No vacation time no benefits. Commission is too low and pressure is high when it comes to time

Advice to Management

Raise commission. Health insurance. It's a shame because I love it here but I'm struggling to make a living

Other Employee Reviews for European Wax Center

1. "Friendly, energetic workplace"

Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at European Wax Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a guest service coordinator you get discounted products (40% off). Team oriented environment and flexible scheduling. They offer sales compensation and if you do really well in your sales goals they offer extra bonus' each month and also do competitions between store locations

Cons

I felt that all employees should be able to receive free waxing services, not just the wax specialists. Working as a guest service coordinator you receive 30% off all services. Most of the time they run specials that allow their guests to save 25% on services if they purchase a prepaid wax pass, so as an employee you don't get that much more of a discount.

Advice to Management

Give all employees free services!

"I still new worker working part time. I am listening what older workers has to say. Soon I will find my own conclusions"

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at European Wax Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clean environment. High end guests. Good prices. Workers still happy. Good gratuities.

Cons

Low minimum wages. The guest associate encourage guests to leave gratuities in cr
    edition card. Guess what? When they do the payroll your gratuities are tax deductible, and I found this trick very unfair for all wax specialists. Extremely unfair.

Advice to Management

Try to tell the guest in a good manner to leave gratuities in cash please. We work very hard and very cheap already to pay more taxes. Is not fair that just one side is making money, and the other is in deep loss.