European Wax Center - Good stepping stone to gain administrate experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for European Wax Center

"Good stepping stone to gain administrate experience"

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Foster City, CA

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, surrounded by great coworkers and superb management.

Cons

Didn't pertain to my professional goals after obtaining my bachelors degree.

Advice to Management

Have open lines of communication with your employees and listen to concerns or issues that may arise. Guest related, and or in the workplace.

Other Employee Reviews for European Wax Center

"This job is to strictly know how to speed wax and THATS ALL!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Wax Specialist in Seal Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Wax Specialist in Seal Beach, CA

I worked at European Wax Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The tip money is good, learning how to speed wax, I met some lifelong friends here

Cons

EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS, MANAGEMENT, HOW THEY WORK YOU LIKE A DOG, THE SALES TACTICS

Advice to Management

How bout pulling your head out of your butt and not looking at us as just a NUMBER

"Great money, but not worth the amount of work you put in"

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's corporate policy to only do 6 hour shifts, which is amazing! It's great pay for the little amount of hours you work. You meet so many new clients and have the opportunity to build great relationships and clientele. I've made such amazing friendships with all of my co-workers.

Cons

Its extremely hard on your body and management does not really take into consideration how much your body hurts when they are scheduling you to work more hours than normal. Around holidays they schedule you so many extra hours its ridiculous. Since every center is a franchise, sometimes the owners don't follow corporate policy and it confuses us on how to do our job the way we are supposed to. it is virtually impossible to get days off for vacation, all shifts must be covered, and even if they're covered, you may not get it approved. It's also almost impossible to call out if you are sick, management gives you such a hard time. Even when your numbers are above where they should be, it's never good enough for management.

Advice to Management

Please start hearing what your employees are saying instead of just listening. And instead of responding to employees with corporate rebuttals constantly, please start treating us like real people.