EventPro Strategies - Fun and Fast-Paced Work Environment with Advancement Opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EventPro Strategies

"Fun and Fast-Paced Work Environment with Advancement Opportunities"

Pros

EPS offers an exciting, fast-paced and fun working environment! There is never a dull moment or a "slow" day, the work is challenging but very rewarding and fun.
EPS has a great company culture and there is a lot of room for advancement within the company and advancement can happen VERY quickly.

Cons

The industry in itself is very demanding and ever-changing. Problem solving, time management and organizational skills are must have skills in order to succeed.

Other Employee Reviews for EventPro Strategies

1. "This company is very unorganized and unprofessional."

Pros

Plenty of room for opportunity

Cons

This company is the worse. I worked for a 4 month program last year through a different company and had no issues. EPS does the scheduling and processes payroll. I've gotten several duplicate emails from several different people referring to availability and payroll that I had previously sent over. I tried calling them but I kept being redirected to people who could not help me. There is no consistency. Every week I'm getting emails from new people about paperwork that was already submitted. They are very unorganized and can't seem to keep up with peoples' information. I wouldn't recommend working for this company directly (in office) or indirectly (booking events through them.)

Advice to Management

Find a staff that is consistent, organized and can get the job done.

2. "It's all about working hard, 7 days a week."

Former Contractor - Program Coordinator
    Former Contractor - Program Coordinator

I worked at EventPro Strategies as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You "meet" people from all over North America. It can be rewarding in that the jobs are very challenging, and allow you hands on learning. The lack of training forces you to adapt and dig in to get the job done. If you like working independently you will get plenty of that here.

Cons

This is a place where on the surface seems like an opportunity to learn, grow and contribute and ends up being a place that has the central focus on extracting long hours for very little pay, and no hope of moving up the ladder.It is very much a "sink or swim environment" with very little guidance or training. The work distribution is highly disorganized, and management employs people on a contract to hire basis, that never gets to the hiring part. Work performance is not rewarded and the way to move up the ladder is at the whim of if you know the right person as on many occasions I saw those who were not deserving get a promotion, but those who should be recognized for their efforts were pushed by the wayside and worked harder until they burnt out and walked off the job. This is not a place to create long term career plans.

Advice to Management

By not investing in your people and creating a company atmosphere where people feel they have a future it creates employee frustration and ultimately the good people will all leave. To increase retention, and improve productivity recognize people for their contributions. People are working at a job not only as a means for money, but as a portal to creativity, expression, an the genuine desire to improve not only their own life but the place where they work. They need to feel they are not wasting their time.