Eventbrite - Refreshing experience | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Refreshing experience"

Current Employee - Agile Coach in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Agile Coach in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lot's of freedom to be me and use my skills and talents. I find the environment welcoming, warm, and collaborative.

Cons

Though I've not yet been told no on training and conference spending. I'm also unclear how the decisions are made. I'd like more clarity here.

Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and also for the request to hear more about how decisions are made! That's helpful in guiding where we can be more precise in our communication.

-- Julia Hartz, CEO

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Horrible 2-Year Experience"

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Usual perks: free food/snacks, coffee, health benefits, nice office

Cons

I quit Eventbrite as soon as I was able. Despite the nice office/perks and facade of a "fun company culture", I did not enjoy working at Eventbrite. Don't be fooled by all the hyped 5-star reviews by entry-level new hires who don't know any better (yet).

1. Senior leader(s) of my department created a toxic, uncomfortable working environment. Complained to me about my own peers/colleagues, putting them down behind their backs. I've never experienced such unprofessionalism, and I was really disappointed about this. Given how frequently this happened, it was very hard to trust my managers: seeing them pretend to care about an employee, only to turn around the next moment and complain about them. I don't doubt that they've done the same to me.

2. Unappreciative. Leaders take their most diligent employees for granted. Constantly made heavy demands of the team to meet deadlines, but did NOT take the time to understand whether we had enough resources. Because of this, team would kill themselves working long hours just to hit deadlines, and management WON'T go out of their way to acknowledge dedication and hard work. On the other hand, if anything is less-than-perfect, then fingers ARE pointed and you'll get facetime with upper management to talk about what they don't like about you or your work.

3. No actual work/life balance. I was expected to return emails/calls in the evenings at home and while I was on vacation. I felt judged by my leaders whenever I asked to take any of my "unlimited PTO", even though I took less PTO than most others on my team. They were definitely counting days and letting you know they didn't like it.

4. Clique-y and cultist culture. Like a few others here have written, if you don't live and breathe Eventbrite, you don't fit in. Managers show favoritism.

Advice to Management

Seriously evaluate your leaders. Eventbrite doesn't practice what they preach.

Aug 21, 2018

I regret you had this kind of experience at Eventbrite. Should you want to speak directly with me, you know my email and we can set up time to chat. We are always evolving our approach to leadership... More

2. "It's Seriously Amazing! Phenomenal Place To Work In Nashville!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing tech company that is large, but not too large (if that makes sense). There's an entrepreneurial spirit pulsing through the atmosphere that is both inspiring and challenging. Working at Eventbrite helps me feel like I'm accomplishing meaningful product output and contributing to an overall organization that knows what its goals are and where it is heading into the future. Not to mention, Eventbrite excels at offering not just competitive, but truly phenomenal benefit packages, work/life balance and options to work-from-home, catered daily lunch (plus breakfast & snack options!), continued learning and growth opportunities, and more. The leadership from the top down to my own people manager is positive, personalized, and inspiring. I love working here!

Cons

It's hard to think of anything that's "wrong" here. Would higher pay be nice? Of course (when would it not be?). Would additional benefits like a student loan repayment program be helpful? Yes. However, there is already so much offered, it feels greedy to ask for more. That being said, I have very clear goals and objectives, so that I know when the time comes, I can point to everything I've accomplished and that could open the door to a discussion about compensation. It's not something that's "taboo" or off limits. Eventbrite wants me to grow.

The company is growing quickly! It's difficult to keep up with everything happening, so I think there could be some focused new-hire training/education on all the various teams and departments. This would provide insights into what everyone across the company is working towards and accomplishing.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You're doing a stellar job. Thanks for truly caring and listening to the individualized voice of every Briteling in the Briteland.

Julia: You are truly an inspiration and I thank you for all you do for this company. I am honored to say I work for Eventbrite, and that's largely due to your leadership and wisdom.

Jul 6, 2018

We so appreciate your thoughtful review and I agree wholeheartedly on the need for deeper training. More to come on that front as we scale L&D locally!

Thank you for the kind words - it means the... More

Discover more reviews about Eventbrite.