Eventbrite - Refreshing experience | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "Work/life balance here is the best of any company I have ever worked for" (in 38 reviews)

• "Flexible work-from-home and vacation policies" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Refreshing experience"

Current Employee - Agile Coach in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Agile Coach in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lot's of freedom to be me and use my skills and talents. I find the environment welcoming, warm, and collaborative.

Cons

Though I've not yet been told no on training and conference spending. I'm also unclear how the decisions are made. I'd like more clarity here.

Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and also for the request to hear more about how decisions are made! That's helpful in guiding where we can be more precise in our communication.

-- Julia Hartz, CEO

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Regaining Momentum"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After a bumpy road for the past few years, it feels like we're finally getting back on track in a lot of ways. Some things stayed good throughout the difficulties - good coworkers, good work/life balance, a positive atmosphere, and the priceless opportunity to work alongside the talented and hilarious Randy Befumo.

Cons

HR is still getting back on its feet, so a lot of the issues on that side are still not under control. Benefits are good, but salaries still aren't competitive against similarly-sized companies in the Bay Area.

A lot of folks are operating like we're still a startup underdog, but others expect us to act like a huge, cautious company. That tension can be confusing and leads to mixed messages from our leaders. Not everyone in a leadership position is qualified or ready to lead other people, so be prepared to lean on their peers for help.

We were largely centralized in SF for a really long time, so the transition to being a global company with teams spanning continents has been a tricky one. I think we will get there, but it's a painful thing to navigate while we figure it out.

Advice to Management

Your employees notice the positive steps you've taken over the last year or so. Sometimes we might seem like we'll never be satisfied, but it's only because we believe in the fundamentals of the company and want to see it become truly amazing.

Make sure the leaders in the middle of the org chart are delivering messages consistent with those at the top, and that everyone's actions are consistent with their words.

Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for your point of view! As a member of the team for a few years, you've definitely seen evolution - that's for sure. :) .

I appreciate your advice to be thoughtful about upcoming... More

"Horrible 2-Year Experience"

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Usual perks: free food/snacks, coffee, health benefits, nice office

Cons

I quit Eventbrite as soon as I was able. Despite the nice office/perks and facade of a "fun company culture", I did not enjoy working at Eventbrite. Don't be fooled by all the hyped 5-star reviews by entry-level new hires who don't know any better (yet).

1. Senior leader(s) of my department created a toxic, uncomfortable working environment. Complained to me about my own peers/colleagues, putting them down behind their backs. I've never experienced such unprofessionalism, and I was really disappointed about this. Given how frequently this happened, it was very hard to trust my managers: seeing them pretend to care about an employee, only to turn around the next moment and complain about them. I don't doubt that they've done the same to me.

2. Unappreciative. Leaders take their most diligent employees for granted. Constantly made heavy demands of the team to meet deadlines, but did NOT take the time to understand whether we had enough resources. Because of this, team would kill themselves working long hours just to hit deadlines, and management WON'T go out of their way to acknowledge dedication and hard work. On the other hand, if anything is less-than-perfect, then fingers ARE pointed and you'll get facetime with upper management to talk about what they don't like about you or your work.

3. No actual work/life balance. I was expected to return emails/calls in the evenings at home and while I was on vacation. I felt judged by my leaders whenever I asked to take any of my "unlimited PTO", even though I took less PTO than most others on my team. They were definitely counting days and letting you know they didn't like it.

4. Clique-y and cultist culture. Like a few others here have written, if you don't live and breathe Eventbrite, you don't fit in. Managers show favoritism.

Advice to Management

Seriously evaluate your leaders. Eventbrite doesn't practice what they preach.

Aug 21, 2018

I regret you had this kind of experience at Eventbrite. Should you want to speak directly with me, you know my email and we can set up time to chat. We are always evolving our approach to leadership... More

Discover more reviews about Eventbrite.