Eventbrite - Hope you like Orange Koolaid | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "Work/life balance here is the best of any company I have ever worked for" (in 38 reviews)

• "Flexible work-from-home and vacation policies" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Hope you like Orange Koolaid"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work closely with.

Cons

Less so the people I don't work closely with, including the muddly section of middle management that seem to have forgotten the value of communication.

Oct 29, 2018

I'm sorry to hear your experience working here and would love to hear more in order to help guide our communication practices going forward.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Refreshing experience"

Current Employee - Agile Coach in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Agile Coach in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lot's of freedom to be me and use my skills and talents. I find the environment welcoming, warm, and collaborative.

Cons

Though I've not yet been told no on training and conference spending. I'm also unclear how the decisions are made. I'd like more clarity here.

Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and also for the request to hear more about how decisions are made! That's helpful in guiding where we can be more precise in our communication.

-- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Regaining Momentum"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After a bumpy road for the past few years, it feels like we're finally getting back on track in a lot of ways. Some things stayed good throughout the difficulties - good coworkers, good work/life balance, a positive atmosphere, and the priceless opportunity to work alongside the talented and hilarious Randy Befumo.

Cons

HR is still getting back on its feet, so a lot of the issues on that side are still not under control. Benefits are good, but salaries still aren't competitive against similarly-sized companies in the Bay Area.

A lot of folks are operating like we're still a startup underdog, but others expect us to act like a huge, cautious company. That tension can be confusing and leads to mixed messages from our leaders. Not everyone in a leadership position is qualified or ready to lead other people, so be prepared to lean on their peers for help.

We were largely centralized in SF for a really long time, so the transition to being a global company with teams spanning continents has been a tricky one. I think we will get there, but it's a painful thing to navigate while we figure it out.

Advice to Management

Your employees notice the positive steps you've taken over the last year or so. Sometimes we might seem like we'll never be satisfied, but it's only because we believe in the fundamentals of the company and want to see it become truly amazing.

Make sure the leaders in the middle of the org chart are delivering messages consistent with those at the top, and that everyone's actions are consistent with their words.

Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for your point of view! As a member of the team for a few years, you've definitely seen evolution - that's for sure. :) .

I appreciate your advice to be thoughtful about upcoming... More

Discover more reviews about Eventbrite.