Eventbrite - Are We Really Happy? | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "Work/life balance here is the best of any company I have ever worked for" (in 38 reviews)

• "Flexible work-from-home and vacation policies" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Are We Really Happy?"

Former Employee - Engineer
Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* The management has really improved over the last year. I think Eventbrite actually tries hard to make sure employees are happy, but there is something missing and hence a handful of good people already left.
* Great work-life balance.
* Some of the smartest and kindest people. There is a few people who are not that good but there is few of them.
* Free lunches
* Work across the world as there is more acquisitions if you are lucky
* Unlike salary, benefits are pretty good

Cons

* Pay quite below the average for engineers
* If you are one of the hire up favorites, your concerns are more likely to be addressed. Same goes in engineering. Not much gets done unless you are one of the people who is "respected". It's a bit biased to be honest.
* As someone already mentioned, behind that good exterior there is hidden lies and lack of enthusiasm.

Advice to Management

Promote people if they work hard and go out of their ways. The pay is low so there is not much incentive unless you make it so (with more raises and promotions).

Nov 11, 2018

It's disappointing to hear your experience at Eventbrite but I do appreciate you sharing your candid feedback. Should you have more detail you'd like to share directly with me, you know how to find... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Great place"

Pros

The overwhelming majority of employees at Eventbrite are kind, hard working, empathetic and capable. The open office plan allows for cross departmental collaboration in ways that many other companies fail to do. The executive managers are incredibly smart, creative and humble people, which is why their employees work so hard for them.

Cons

There will always be a few bad apples. Eventbrite has a few of these who made work difficult at times but they were far and in between.

Oct 29, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. If there's anything in particular you want to share with me, you know where to contact me.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

2. "Marketing"

I worked at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

The people are smart and hardworking

Cons

Lots of competing and constantly shifting priorities.

Oct 29, 2018

Hi there - thanks for your feedback. We're always striving to simplify our strategy and realize that in a fast growth environment, there's a great need for excellent communication and context... More

Discover more reviews about Eventbrite.