Eventbrite - Are We Really Happy? | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Are We Really Happy?"

Former Employee - Engineer
Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* The management has really improved over the last year. I think Eventbrite actually tries hard to make sure employees are happy, but there is something missing and hence a handful of good people already left.
* Great work-life balance.
* Some of the smartest and kindest people. There is a few people who are not that good but there is few of them.
* Free lunches
* Work across the world as there is more acquisitions if you are lucky
* Unlike salary, benefits are pretty good

Cons

* Pay quite below the average for engineers
* If you are one of the hire up favorites, your concerns are more likely to be addressed. Same goes in engineering. Not much gets done unless you are one of the people who is "respected". It's a bit biased to be honest.
* As someone already mentioned, behind that good exterior there is hidden lies and lack of enthusiasm.

Advice to Management

Promote people if they work hard and go out of their ways. The pay is low so there is not much incentive unless you make it so (with more raises and promotions).

Nov 11, 2018

It's disappointing to hear your experience at Eventbrite but I do appreciate you sharing your candid feedback. Should you have more detail you'd like to share directly with me, you know how to find... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Marketing"

I worked at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

The people are smart and hardworking

Cons

Lots of competing and constantly shifting priorities.

Oct 29, 2018

Hi there - thanks for your feedback. We're always striving to simplify our strategy and realize that in a fast growth environment, there's a great need for excellent communication and context... More

2. "Sales Development Representative at Eventbrite"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Workplace culture. Great benefits, monthly wellness stipend, free lunch everyday, keg in the kitchen, happy hours all the time, pet friendly, ping pong table.

Cons

On the sales side - mostly young, outgoing recent college grads. Can feel a bit like high school or college (sort of fratty).

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees well!! Be a little more transparent about the nature of the SDR role on the front end for someone who doesn't have experience in a call center.

Oct 29, 2018

Thanks for your great feedback here - I appreciate the specificity.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

Discover more reviews about Eventbrite.