Eventbrite - Loved Eventbrite! | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Loved Eventbrite!"

Pros

I can’t say enough great things about my time at
Eventbrite in the San Francisco office. All of the managers including the Executive level were supportive and compassionate. They exemplified what you’d want from leadership, taking the time to consider how changes and shakeups were communicated and anticipating what our concerns might be. After going through a particularly hard time in my life, I decided to take some time off for some much needed self care. My manager and coworkers were nothing short of supportive and non judgemental. The work was exciting and challenging.

Cons

Finding a room to have a meeting in was near impossible. There were a few people that were a bit self-important. However, you could tell that management was aware of them and managed around them when necessary.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Making an Impact not just on Events but Me"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They weren't kidding when they advertise the 'take the time you need' policy. Even being a newer employee, they respect when you need to take some time off. The perks around wellness, meals being catered, a stocked kitchen, great benefits, are all legitimate. The onboarding experience was one of the best experiences I'd ever had and was extremely relevant to my role. Further, there is a clear understanding of growth in my role in how I can continue to expand my knowledge and leverage my talents to impact the company as well as my career. I also truly appreciate the obvious investments made in its employees (continuing education leveraging Udemy, internal training opportunities, etc.)

Cons

Nothing immediate comes to mind. With any company that is growing rapidly, there can be some pain points but I think due to the transparency of the CEO and its leaders, they do their best to get ahead of it. Recently the company endeavored on some reorganization. That hasn't been easy. But again, leaders have tried to be ahead of it. Compensation can always be a bit more realistic to the cost of living and the changing times. But, I'm grateful I have a job in the first place!

Advice to Management

Continue with the transparency. Going through and watching the IPO process was incredibly rewarding. Continuing the incredible investments in your leaders and team members.

Eventbrite Response

Nov 11, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and we will keep investing in you!

- Julia Hartz, CEO

2. "Are We Really Happy?"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* The management has really improved over the last year. I think Eventbrite actually tries hard to make sure employees are happy, but there is something missing and hence a handful of good people already left.
    * Great work-life balance.
    * Some of the smartest and kindest people. There is a few people who are not that good but there is few of them.
    * Free lunches
    * Work across the world as there is more acquisitions if you are lucky
    * Unlike salary, benefits are pretty good

Cons

* Pay quite below the average for engineers
    * If you are one of the hire up favorites, your concerns are more likely to be addressed. Same goes in engineering. Not much gets done unless you are one of the people who is "respected". It's a bit biased to be honest.
    * As someone already mentioned, behind that good exterior there is hidden lies and lack of enthusiasm.

Advice to Management

Promote people if they work hard and go out of their ways. The pay is low so there is not much incentive unless you make it so (with more raises and promotions).

Eventbrite Response

Nov 11, 2018

It's disappointing to hear your experience at Eventbrite but I do appreciate you sharing your candid feedback. Should you have more detail you'd like to share directly with me, you know how to find... More

Discover more reviews about Eventbrite.