Eventbrite - The Best Job I've Ever Had | Glassdoor

"The Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - CX Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great work/life balance. PTO policy is just to take the time you need, which is helpful to not have to stress over personal days and vacation time. -Office in the city, great location -Catered lunch every weekday, and it is always top notch. -The benefits package is obscenely good. -Ability to work remote as needed/desired

Cons

-The CX team feels forgotten at times in the sense that we don't always get to use the same benefits as the rest of the office. We rarely get to participate in the happy hours/socials/panels/trainings/meetings because, well, someone's gotta answer the phones. Holidays need to be worked, and while the holiday pay is nice, it kinda sucks almost drawing straws to see who gets stuck on their computer on a holiday. I'm... not sure what the fix is for that, and it may just be the peril of working customer service, but it's worth mentioning. -There's been a major lack of clarity on the state of the company since it wen't public. The vibe is that things are not going to plan. Some high profile folks have left for reasons that don't seem genuine, and we've reorganized in different ways a few times. The higher ups swear everything is fine, but that feels suspect. In a company that values transparency, that's not a great feeling. If things are bad, just tell us.

Advice to Management

Be more open and transparent about how things are going, and don't just use acronyms and nebulous figures to explain: be candid. Where there is a lack of a clearly defined truth, people will substitute their own. You don't want employees speculating and panicking.

Eventbrite2019-06-27

Eventbrite Response

July 10, 2019

Really appreciate your observations and suggestions here. Balancing the needs of our customers with things like meetings and social activities can certainly be a challenge for our CX organization. My goal is to always think about how we can give fair access to opportunities, while ...

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Data Scientist

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited PTO, friendly work environment

Cons

Disorganized, not really many other cons

Eventbrite2019-08-29

"Positive Culture, Challenging Work"

Current Employee - Client Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team-oriented environment. Coworkers are eager to assist one another. Laidback office with complimentary food/snacks. Management is flexible, understanding, and trustful. Day-to-day is full of problem-solving so there's variety.

Cons

Disorganized resources (difficult to find the most relevant material with constant product updates). Too many communication platforms. There's a company-wide sense of stress at this moment due to company acquisitions.

Advice to Management

Organize resources centrally and eliminate out of date information. Prioritize the design and engineering of the product.

Eventbrite2019-08-19

Discover more reviews about Eventbrite.