Eventbrite - Great company for engineers who want growth & learning | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great company for engineers who want growth & learning"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I have worked at many companies, small & big, but never anything like EventBrite. This is the greatest company for engineers who want to learn, grow, and collaborate with others. They have a team of engineers who are really smart but at the same time very personable. There are some very experienced people working alongside Hackbright or new college grads; they have little work areas setup where a group can congregate and do some pairing together. The culture at EventBrite seems to fit the individual; if you're the type who wants to work alone, that's fine, but if you need help, just ask for it. I haven't met a single person I would hesitate to work with. We have 2 remote engineering teams in Mendoza and Nashville, both of these teams are great and easy to work with. To break up the work we host meetups, have beer on tap, clap when we are excited about something, and give out gnome awards. The office in San Francisco is very cool, we have an open work environment, but I also love going into the big Library (no talking allowed) for some quiet work time.

Cons

Like any company transitioning from a small startup to a mid-size company (EventBrite has been around 10 years now) it is experiencing some growing pains. I don't think this is very alarming, compared to early stage startups.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"INCREDIBLE team and company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

From the moment I started interviewing with Eventbrite, my experience has been nothing but great. 99% of people who work here are bright, warm and thoughtful - everyone works very hard but there is definitely a work/life balance most times. I constantly talk about the culture here to my friends and most of them are dying to work here.

I've had a few other jobs before and haven't come across such a solid team or workplace until I worked here. There is a balance of everything you'd want in a workplace: fair management, open work environment, flexible work schedule, delicious lunch, dogs everywhere you look...I can go on and on.

Cons

There was a bit of turnover over the past few months but in my opinion that will happen at most mid-size startups. Would also be nice to have a 401k plan with a matching benefit.

2. "Software Engineer"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

People are so great to work with! Atmosphere of friendliness is off the charts.
    Food in the SF office is very tasty! Especially breakfasts with pancakes.
    Love the "take the time you need" policy.
    Other many good things including beautiful view from the SF office.

Cons

Missing or slow on some critical essential functionality for customers. A lot of work to do here!

Discover more reviews about Eventbrite.