EverFi - Fast-paced environment, talented funny colleauges, great place to grow professionally | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EverFi

"Fast-paced environment, talented funny colleauges, great place to grow professionally"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at EverFi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

--People are AMAZING. Really smart, funny, and talented. Caliber of talent keeps getting better as we become better known. Loyal, team-oriented, accountable colleagues.

--Lots of upward mobility for top performers. I have been promoted twice in 2+ years and continue to be challenged by interesting new projects. Management does not play favorites, they simply reward hard work and a positive attitude!

--This company has a social mission similar to many non-profits, but we operate like a business and are technology forward. Best of both worlds.

--Free dinner on Tuesdays, quirky/cool office space, casual work environment, gym, peer mentoring, guest lectures from established CEOs

Cons

Company has grown really quickly, resulting in a few hiring "misses" -- people who just weren't cut out for performing a fluid, start-up environment where priorities are constantly shifting. I imagine these are the people who wrote more negative reviews, so don't take them too seriously. EverFi is an awesome place to work if you are hard-working, flexible, positive, and can roll with the punches.

Yes, we are a very sales-driven culture, but it's truly because we want to build a great company and get our learning platforms in the hands of as many students as possible. People genuinely care about that mission.

Advice to Management

Take time to hire the right people and don't get too hasty! Trust the people you've hired to lead your departments... they probably have more experience in their domain than you do!

Other Employee Reviews for EverFi

"Love going to work every day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at EverFi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compared to other jobs that I have had this is truly a place that shows its value and appreciation for its employees. Strong, proud and driven company culture with a palpable energy in the air and a group of colleagues who care about the mission. Lots of investment in employees from free food to professional development to ongoing communications from the top down to make you feel involved and proud. Incredibly interesting, smart, and fun colleagues that make coming to work always interesting.

Cons

Some growing pains as the company moves away from being a start-up, but they seem to be working hard at making the growth happen smoothly and are hiring great people.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you're doing and continue to bring in great people as we grow.

2. "Excited to get to work every day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Love being part of a startup that is making a difference in the world. The energy and excitement about the work here is palpable, as it should be. Exciting times.

Cons

As with all startups, you need to be the kind of person who can take initiative, figure out what needs to be done and get to it.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on helping make our education system better serve our children. As with any business, if you focus on your users, the rest will work out just fine!