Everest University Online - Good if you're looking for a 40 hr/wk job with no chance of promotion. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Everest University Online

"Good if you're looking for a 40 hr/wk job with no chance of promotion."

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Everest University Online full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

40 hours a week, some chances for overtime. Nice benefits, can take classes at Everest for $100/class. As long as you have good attendance and try, they won't fire you.

Cons

Get ready for change, because your job is going to change at least once every week or two. Processes are constantly changing, and they don't give us any training on them. So we just figure it out for ourselves, and receive angry emails from upper management when we do it wrong. They put so much pressure on Directors you never want to be one, and promotion is just about impossible.

Advice to Management

When they increased the job responsibilities of Admissions, it decreased the number of prospective sales calls we are able to take. Less opportunities to takes sales calls = less students. The numbers of students has been declining ever since this change, and no one can figure it out. If you have a question, try it out for a term or two and see if numbers increase. Just an idea.

Other Employee Reviews for Everest University Online

1. "I felt unethical selling very poor people a very expensive associates degree that they wouldn't finish.."

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Everest University Online full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee and the pay was good. Great break room. Covered parking. Clean restrooms. Made a lot of good friends.

Cons

Upper management looks for any reason to get rid of you. There is a lot of back stabbing going on. Your job is never secure.

Advice to Management

Lay off and let me do my job. Quit constantly watching what I am doing and do your job!! Make me feel more secure in my job and I will not have to worry about that so I can do my job a lot more efficiently.

2. "Good job if you're salary"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Everest University Online full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flex time for me and good work/life balance. I have a very manager and I enjoy the people I work with a lot.

Cons

Facilities are an old mall and full of mold which gets everyone sick. Education level of most employees leaves a lot to be desired. Benefits for families not really good.

Advice to Management

Not much management can change. We are ruled by stakeholders.