Everglades University - If I can find something nice to say, I'll say it, but don't count on it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Everglades University

"If I can find something nice to say, I'll say it, but don't count on it."

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor
Former Employee - Admissions Counselor

I worked at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money isn't bad, but other schools pay more. They have benefits, but my guess is that no one actually stays long enough to receive them, especially in admissions.

Cons

Awful management. Really bad attitudes -- everyone is secretly looking for another job. And admissions is tough because no one really actually wants to pay over 70k to go to that crappy school. The marketing is awful and the sales team - that's admissions - takes the heat for it. This is undoubtedly the worst work atmosphere I've ever worked in.

Advice to Management

Get another job. I'm shocked you haven't been fired, because every job position there is a revolving door. It's not because no one can "handle" the job -- it's because no one wants to deal with how you treat them.

Other Employee Reviews for Everglades University

"The best Institution to be a part of as a Campus Security Officer"

Current Employee - Campus Security Officer in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Campus Security Officer in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with EU for 7 months now as campus security officer and I am very happy here. My security company (G4S) has assigned me to the most rewarding post location so far. President Mollis along with the Executive Team and VPs work really hard to provide a happy work environment for the staff and support for the students. The president along with everyone else weather its' staff members, professors, or students treat me with respect and understanding. The president never stops, she is constantly on the go. She is a hard worker, team player, and very passionate about her work for the school. She is awesome. Everyone respects one another and treat each other with tremendous amount of respect. I am so happy that i am fortunate enough to be part of this great team here at EU and i would not want to be anywhere else.

Cons

so far so good for me, all is well.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep a great competent and skillful staff

Everglades University Response

Jul 24, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Campus Security in Boca,
    Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate you, as you are a critical member of our team. Our Campus Security is an integral and important part of our day to... More

"Great school! Love my job and EU family!"

Current Employee - Current Employee
    Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with EU for over 3 years and am very happy as a current employee loving my job! Everyone from President Mollis, to the Regionals, to my Campus VP and managers have all been excellent mentors! I have worked at many other colleges and have never had the pleasure to work with such a professional group of people. Our team is dedicated to our students, ensuring we are constantly improving and operating better and stronger, as well as, helping each other whenever needed. This is driven from the top down at my campus. The team is awesome! I am enjoying my career, my students, and my co-workers! Very proud to be a part of this team!!

Cons

NONE. Great salary, good benefits, we have on-going training in my department and overall I am very satisfied! Also our University is growing so I am thrilled to be part of an expanding company, when a lot of schools are down-sizing. I believe it's because we have extremely innovative programs and also a student focused culture! Overall I am very happy.

Advice to Management

Good employees write good reviews. Bad (ex!) employees write bad reviews. I appreciate the opportunity I have been given & thank the leadership for a secure and extremely rewarding career! The EU standards should always be upheld because we have great students, a great school and great success! Keep up the good work! Happy to work with leaders who lead by example and take pride in all aspects of ensuring our University is strong, professional and only filled with team players!

Everglades University Response

Aug 17, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Current Employee,
    Thank you for the review and nice comments! We are happy to hear that you are loving your job and our team! We also appreciate the feedback on the professionalism of our... More