Everglades University - RUN AWAY - They don't deserve any stars | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Everglades University

"RUN AWAY - They don't deserve any stars"

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Boca Raton, FL
Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None! they don't pay, they scream at you and they don't train.

Cons

you name it it's a con!

Advice to Management

TAKE SOME OF THE CLASSES YOU OFFER AND GET A NEW CAREER - They do not train on anything. They will throw you to the wolves, and I didn't work in admissions. They scream at you in front of others all the time. They all think they are above others because they have degrees, however the degrees are from their own university. LAME! I had a higher degree than most of them and I was treated like garbage. They don't pay OT, they pay half time (illegal). You are required to attend events with students including an all day weekend graduation, however you are not paid to do so. Some positions (including mine) are required to work nights and weekends with out pay. They treat their students like walking credit cards, they need to pay ridiculous fees up front and if they don't pay, they will drop them out of school. Terrible people, I cannot believe they are still in business and the government hasn't come in and shut them down. Trust me, it's coming.

Other Employee Reviews for Everglades University

"Is is possible to put 0 stars???"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time

Pros

This job is only good to use as a resume builder, if you need the experience stick it out for as long as you can tolerate, then use this experience to get a professional job that value their employees. My cons will explain why...

Cons

-Very poorly managed, Corporate is located within an actual Campus and they mainly operate on the word called pride. Being on campus, they torture their employees all day, and I mean they literally have offices in the mix of campus employees and actually work amoungst them as if they are wanted there.
    -Corporate people treat and talk to you as if you are not human beings, no respect is given. They are not professionals at all!
    -They need much help in their training dept. as they do not properly train you, but yet expect perfection and slam you when you make a mistake.
    -There is a revolving door for certain positions, at some point they need to realize that the problem can't always be everyone else.
    -Many are secretly dying to get out of there but are stuck b/c they have began taking classes and will have to refund all of their tuition reimburstment (which is like ($80K) if they quit within a certain time frame. Do not attend school there!
    -Make sure you get a job before quitting there and tell the prospective employer not to contact your current one due to conflict of intesrest. Reson being, they will not give you a good reference just b/c you are quitting them. Again, Did I mention how disrespectful, unprofessional & prideful their Corporate team is?

Advice to Management

-If there is a revolving door for certain positions, realize that the problem can't always be everyone else.
    -Stop the unrealistic expectations- if you Provide excellent training then you will produce excellent workers!
    -Stop talking to people like they are children, we are all adults here!

"No. No. No! A thousand times NO!"

I have been working at Everglades University full-time

Pros

There really aren't any pros that outweigh any of the cons, so I won't bother with telling you about them.

Cons

Managed by truly horrible people with greed in their eyes and hatred in their souls. Nothing is more important to these people than getting as much money as they possibly can from poor, underqualified students. They have no qualms about loading a student up with massive debt and pushing them through a relatively useless degree program that will leave them saddled with debt for a lifetime.

Entrance requirements for students are at an absolute minimum. The tuition is extremely high and additional fees and expenses are beyond absurd for such a low-caliber school.

Academic administrators who should be focused on teaching and current student needs are forced to spend vast amounts of time tracking delinquent- and even dropped-out, deeply in-debt, below-acceptable-GPA students- trying to get them to come back.

Admissions is a call center with extremely aggressive tactics and its representatives are given unrealistic "goals" that are really quotas that must be met, but cannot be met.

Most, if not all positive reviews are totally fake.

Don't even apply there, OK? Don't believe me? Go for it. Give it a try and find out first-hand.

Don't say you were not warned.

Advice to Management

There is no way upper-management would ever take any suggestions from intelligent and caring individuals. They are rotten to the core and beyond reproach.