Evernote - Low Ego, High Talent, Awesome Place to Work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Evernote

"Low Ego, High Talent, Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Evernote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic engineering teams that work together well and believe in Evernote's mission
- Top-notch core engineering team and a brilliant CTO who take the time to mentor other team members. You will learn a lot.
- There is very little bureaucracy and it's easy to get things done fast
- There's always a new project happening, so you're almost never treading water or bored.
- Plenty of opportunity to contribute your ideas and have them be listened to no matter where you are in the company

Cons

- It's not a place to work if you want a 40-hour work week. Almost everyone works long hours.
- The pace of projects can make it hard to find sufficient time to improve bugs in the product.

Advice to Management

Your employees have a lot of faith in you and you've steered us right so far. Keep up the good work; make sure that you pay enough attention to raising the quality on the existing product as launching new features.

Other Employee Reviews for Evernote

"Love the products, love the people. Experiencing growing pains: PMs don't work as a team outside their group."

Current Employee - Software Developer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Evernote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great products, lots of communication between most development teams. Helpful coworkers. Coworkers share the passion for software that helps people. You can contribute your own product ideas easily.

Cons

About 15% of effort on all coding projects is wasted time because PMs don't organize with other dependent groups and then force last minute redesign when they finally share. Feature redesign is a constant, more so than any startup I've worked at. That keeps people so busy they can't always contribute to bigger picture goals.

Advice to Management

Have execution thought through more, many teams depend on knowing what the other teams are changing.

"Incredible place to work"

Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Evernote full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Evernote is the unique opportunity to build products with a team of people driven to make are users smarter and better at whatever they want to do.

The company is small enough that each person has the ability to contribute meaningfully. You work with amazing, intelligent, enthusiastic coworkers every day and have the chance to have a huge impact on the product and the business in a positive way.

The pay is good and the benefits are great. It's an open company and culture so you know a lot about what's going on and feel very involved. It's easy to get pulled into high impact projects if you're smart and have shown you like to work hard.

The leadership team has a lot of trust in one another after working together for years, which keeps the politics and bullsh*t to a minimum. The CTO is one of the smartest people I've ever spoken with and also one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, and the CEO is a visionary. Several times I've walked away from conversations with him shaking my head like, "this guy doesn't know what he's talking about," only to be proven wrong a year later at the enormous success of something that initially sounded unachievable.

Most importantly I genuinely like and respect the people I get to work with, a lot of whom have become close friends. It's a treat going into work and getting stuff done with people you'd choose to hang out with even when it's not Weds evening and you're trying to get a web release out the door.

Cons

After a couple months of awesome lunches you end of saying douchey things like, didn't we just have Tacolicious two weeks ago?