Evolv - A great place to grow, fast. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Evolv

"A great place to grow, fast."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Evolv is still a relatively small company and subsequently for anyone that wants to learn, I would have a hard time thinking of a better place to work. You are so much closer to the upper management team than you would be in a larger company. As a result, interacting with them isn't hard/impossible to do, in fact in a lot of cases its apart of your daily routine. Working side-by-side with this level of talent will always rub off, it's just up to you to take advantage of that benefit.

Somewhat related is the amount of hands-on experience that you won't see in a larger company. If you've never worked in a small company you won't really appreciate this until you've worked in both. Large companies coddle you, massively. It certainly doesn't feel like it, but they do. There are lots of other teams that can help you deliver your results, or supply you with the data and guidance you need to do you job. In a smaller company there isn't necessarily the type/levels of support you're used to. There are no shortage of people willing to help you in a smaller company, but you'll have to ask for that support and it might not come from places you'd expect. It truly is a team effort within a small company.

Evolv is growing, but it's growing inline with its business growth. It's not stretching, it's defining clear goals and working toward them. I'm not going to tell you these are easy goals, because they're not. We don't always meet them, but we're always working toward those goals and we do so as a team.

Cons

While there are lots of benefits to working in a small company, there are downsides. The most obvious being amenities. If you're a creature comforts person, you're probably not going to fit in. While there is somewhere to make coffee and microwave a meal, that's pretty much it. There's no team of cooks or cleaners cooking and cleaning up for you, you have to do it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Evolv is the perfect balance between getting results and enjoying the people you work with.

Other Employee Reviews for Evolv

1. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great company, lots of opportunity to advance. I enjoyed my time here, the people, the product and the work we were doing.

Cons

Like anywhere, there were managers who didn't want to do their part. Company dissolved several departments/downsized which was the only reason I no longer work there.

2. "Evolv will evolve in time to a great company"

Former Employee - Customer Support in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Support in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Evolv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, wfh option, weekly caterered lunch, happy hours, growing team, nice people, CEO is involved and positive, hands on learning, growth opportunities

Cons

Bad management, low pay, product not yet ready, sometimes hard to get direction, not everyone always pulls weight, focus on sales over product