Excela Health - I spent a summer interning at Excela and it was an extremely rewarding experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Excela Health

"I spent a summer interning at Excela and it was an extremely rewarding experience."

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Excela Health as an intern

Pros

The department I worked in was very flexible regarding how the work was completed. It was a very positive atmosphere and very open to hearing new ideas.

Cons

Sometimes there was a lull in the amount of work, but other than that I can say it was a great experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Excela Health

1. "Intern"

Current Intern - Marketing and Community Outreach in Moon, PA
    Current Intern - Marketing and Community Outreach in Moon, PA

I have been working at Excela Health as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere and very friendly and helpful fellow employees!

Cons

I can not think of any cons.

2. "Loved the work not the company."

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Greensburg, PA
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Greensburg, PA

I worked at Excela Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Job security. (They keep bad employees too). There are some good co-workers. Christmas bonus=free meal in the cafeteria. Almost every year a 2% raise if you jump through all the hoops.

Cons

1.Those bad employees that get to stay and even get better treatment than those who follow policy and are always going above and beyond.
    2. Unstable schedule. One day you start at 4am the next day could be 930am and then a midnight. ( The exception, those bad employees)
    3. They do not count your minor child (who lives with you) being admitted to a hospital as an excusable absence. Even if it's the ICU Ridiculous
    4. It's always changing. Just when you get the new procedures down they change them. Same goes for Human Resource policy. We jokingly called these the change of the day. Rightfully so since there is probably 250 changes a year. (I wish I where joking) These changes range from testing requirements to 403 retirement matching.

Advice to Management

For the love of God stop rewarding bad behavior. It leads to a TOXIC work environment. You have great workers who are constantly getting beaten down while you reward the bad ones with whatever they want just so they'll stay.
    Also remember where you came from. You are NOT UPMC OR AGHS. So stop chasing their trends. Get back to being community hospitals. After seeing thousands of patients I can tell you that's what they want. And remember they are just that, patients not customers.