Excell - You have to explore your career path by yourself within the company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Excell

"You have to explore your career path by yourself within the company."

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Redmond, WA

Pros

Flexible, some training can be reimbursed, 401k

Cons

no formal training, project can be terminated earlier than expected

Advice to Management

I expect the company can provide more diversified opportunity to its employees; the hire team should have better knowledge about the job requirement and the on-going project so that can tailor the individual to his/her best fit for type of job. The project manager should follow up more frequently and get better informed of what's going on on-site.

Other Employee Reviews for Excell

1. "Little to no help or support when you look for a new contract after your previous one has ended"

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer II in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer II in Redmond, WA

Pros

For the most part, the Resource Managers (at least in my experiences) generally leave you alone and don't interfere with your work during the contract.

Cons

After your contract is up, good luck in getting anyone at Excell Data to take any interest in your search for a new contract. This may be due to the sluggish economy right now, but it's hard to know. I want to stay at Microsoft in some capacity, as I've worked there on and off as both a Full-Time Employee (blue badge) and a contractor for more than ten years.

Right now, I am WAY beyond my 100-day break, and I'm desperately looking for a new contract. On several recent occasions, I've had unanswered responses to multiple email inquiries regarding my resume being sent to MS managers. I'm at the point where I'm thinking of using a different company to obtain contract employment at Microsoft.

Advice to Management

Please tell the recruiters to be more proactive in trying to match prospective employees with suitable employment. Excell takes a sizable percentage of one's hourly rate before they get their wages, so I would expect Excell to work a little harder for their money than they're presently doing.

2. "Excell Data - as an employer"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

Pros

Open work environment
    Motivating Leadership
    Approachable leadership
    Good Benefits
    Good Incentives

Cons

Team politics
    Limited potential for career growth

Advice to Management

Open more positions for career advancement
    Minimise team politics by encouraging fair practices