Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

A company that cares about its people.

Jun 15, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Linthicum, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Medical benefit has taken great care of my family.

Cons

Working remotely, it is sad that I can't partake in the headquarters events.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Wouldn't want to work anywhere else

Oct 10, 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Linthicum, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been a part of The Exceptional Software Strategies family for over 8 years. I have worked for both large and small companies prior to this one, and I don’t plan to ever need to go to another company at this point. Straight out, ESS takes care of their people. We are one of the few companies that has a “bench” which is a great feeling of security if your contract ends. They give monthly utilization bonuses as well as a monetarily rewarded Employee Of The Month program. I personally know of multiple situations where the CEO helped employees with issues outside of the company purview. Sometimes using his own time and resources.

Cons

There was a bit of a rough spot where we were bumping heads with recruiting, and it was causing bad feelings even within the company, but thankfully, ESS hired a professional recruiting company and we can already see the fruition.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Save yourself the stress

Jul 9, 2021 - Engineer in Linthicum, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company has some good benefits

Cons

Hostile work environment Mentally unstable C-level Blatant racism Run by someone who thinks they are a mobster and acts like it

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Exceptional Software Strategies.