Exelon - Good opportunities, long term stability, excellent co-workers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Exelon

"Good opportunities, long term stability, excellent co-workers"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL

Pros

Active in the community, cares about employees, fair compensation, good benifits.

Cons

24 x 7 time commitment, real time response to emergencies. You can't just walk away at the end of the day.

Other Employee Reviews for Exelon

1. "Lots of politics and busy work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennett Square, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennett Square, PA

Pros

The company is accommodating and hours are generally easy. You are provided with tools and resources.

The company makes strong efforts to follow "best practices".

Cons

There is a lack of actual work to be done and a too much time is spent creating budgets, evaluating performance to budget, etc. Not enough time is spent trying to make money.

Politics dominate and voicing a dissenting opinion is looked upon poorly.

People manage up and your contact with your boss will be limited.

Advice to Management

Focus more on doing actual work and making money. Don't worry so much about Wall Street and the stock price. If you create a renewed focus on creating new revenue, the stock price will follow.

"Started out great but went downhill."

Former Employee - IT Lead Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - IT Lead Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

They had good benefits and generous training allowances. On site gyms are a nice perk. Some managers permitted working from home and flexible hours.

Cons

I only had one professional manager in the 15+ years I was there and he was moved to a non-management position. I didn't receive my 15% bonus one year because I "missed meetings", although no one could tell me what meetings I missed! HR felt that was OK. That was the same year my stepson was dying from cancer, my stepdaughter was getting married, and I wasn't permitted to take any vacation time. Fortunately that manager left. When I retired, I was the only one that showed up for my exit interview, although it had been requested by HR.

Advice to Management

Exelon leadership needs to come out of their ivory tower and get in touch with the people who are actually doing the work..